Windows Central (Windows 10 version)

TheLumaniac

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
As most of you reading this know, W10 and W10M are quite different from W8.1 and WP8.1 in terms of design, especially WP. The Windows Central app is quite good, but it doesn't really fit W10M the way it's designed as it follows the "old" Metro design. Is it going the get updated? If yes, will it become a Universal app?

IgorVysoky

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I wouls be glad to see the new design of the app butnot what is on android because i dont really like the design of it. I also hope to see universal app but we need to see what will we get :)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I believe that I saw a comment in a recent article saying that it would be updated by mid-August and that it is currently being worked on? I'm not sure if it would be Universal too, but that can be a possibility.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm excited. New improvements I like to see are:

-To upload pictures
-view polls on news
-more compatibility in news (more what you can do and view on the website)
-rate comments
-see who like and thank posts on threads
-better comment bubbles layout (when someone comments on others' comment on your comment) :)
-embedded videos and photos
-more infos in viewing others' profile like on the site (popup)

And much more! :)

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm still not sure I know what the W10 design guidelines are. If hamburger menus are a must, not sure how I feel. Some WP apps just look and feel so much better with a design where you can scroll left or right. Like the newer ESPN app. It's perfect but i imagine some will say it doesn't fit the W10 design. I dont hate hamburger menus when they're used simply for things not accessed often. But navigation I think scrolling left or right in an app with the headers up top still works best.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm still not sure I know what the W10 design guidelines are. If hamburger menus are a must, not sure how I feel. Some WP apps just look and feel so much better with a design where you can scroll left or right. Like the newer ESPN app. It's perfect but i imagine some will say it doesn't fit the W10 design. I dont hate hamburger menus when they're used simply for things not accessed often. But navigation I think scrolling left or right in an app with the headers up top still works best.

I suggest they will use hamburger menu to navigate between News, Forums, Tip us, Settings, etc.
But when you're inside an article, they would make the wp style to swipe between the article and comments section.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss