Windows Central mobile app for windows 10 phones

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello,

I found yesterday another app for Windows Central in addition of the old app that I used it for more than 3 years now.

Old app:

Windows Central - Build 1023
Published by Jay Bennett

New app:

Windows Central - Build 1.3.2
Published by Mobile Nations

Which app is now officially supported and I should use?

Thanks,
Laurentiu Tatucu

frompty

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I had just set up my Lumia 735 with Windows 10, and went to download the Windows Central app. When I searched for "Windows Central" in the store, the only one that came up was the old looking version, by Jay Bennett. I could not find the new app. I only found it by searching for "Mobile Nations"

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Support W10M or don't, but the current app is sorely in need of updates. If WC doesn't want to put money into a dead platform then make one for iOS / Android. Better yet, show some UWP love and lead the way, make it in Xamarin to showcase the advantages a multiplatform app.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I agree the "app" is total garbage. Very slow, when you click many of the links it asks to search the store for app. I can't quote and reply, If I do the post disappears. After posting, I have to go to news then back to forums for the thread to refresh. Can't for the life of me get it to post a picture or screenshot.

If it weren't for all the ads on the antique website I would go back to it instead of the "app".

Mihai N

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
The only problems I have with the app is that some days it fails to open several times before succeeding, new articles take a long time to load and app has the habit of closing if you go to start or another app. Also if you post something in a thread in forums, all post in the thread disappear is you tap refresh to see if you posted successfully

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to assume since so few posts here, that only a handful of us use this "app".
I know mobile nations is a business, but come on. Either make the website friendly on the phone or fix this "app".

We wouldn't have an "app" gap if web sites were decent, you wouldn't need or want "apps".

JohnnyBawesome

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I had to go back to the Windows 8.1 app, as the W10M UWP will not open on my phone. (Lumia 950) I have tried it after every hard reset and update. Still doesn't open. When it does open, all of the items' headlines are there, but everything else is blank. it then crashes. It used to be really good when it was simple.

JohnnyBawesome

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Apparently the issue I was having with the W10M version was caused by having the app installed on my SD card. I moved it to my device and now it works great. (tried this with a couple apps i was having issues with like Facebook)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon