I don't see comments and can't comment..

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm like majority WP users using 8.1, and obviously WC app for 8.1. But for some reason I can't see comments on articles from "front page" (not Forum), it never loads and even though I can read articles they still have never ending Loading dots running at the very top of the screen.

I thought something was wrong with the app, but reinstalling didn't solve it. Seeing this behavior on 928 and 635 for a week or more. What's wrong?

Update. You can comment but still don't see it/them

Last edited:

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I just came to the forums, looking to post this exact same topic.

I think that it started last week, where the comments would no longer load in the WP8.1 app. I did find that it will still post comments even though it won't load them (I commented on some article last week), but had to visit the site on desktop to see that my comment had posted.

Is this a deliberate "killing off" of the old app, or did something change in the backend of the site coding to make it not play nice with the excellent, original Windows Phone Central app?

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Ditto for me. Still use the 8 app on my 950xl as it was reliable at showing new post count - something i couldnt get the new w10 app to do.

Now comments dont load, dots at the top of the screen scroll across as though it's trying to load.

Frustrating and means i dont use the app as much anymore. Unless the W10 now show new post counts as a number on the live tile??

TDinozzo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Since weeks now I'm unable to send comments over windowscentral app, both PC and Phone.
Didn't found an official request about this Problem here.

Does anybody care about?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers