Cannot comment in Windows Central app

ananve

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
For a while, I can't comment in blog posts on the windows central app. It happens to me on both PC and mobile. It is very frustrating.
I can post in the forum though.

Warm regards,
Anan

Meteorhead

May 2, 2017
Visit site
It's been way more than two weeks now. When the Dell Monitor contest started, it was already faulty. It was really funny to see that a contest that wishes to promote the site is actually an anti-promotion.

I tried commenting in the app: didn't work.
I tried logging into the webpage: didn't work.
The webpage is OVERLOADED with ads, really one of the most ridiculous sites I've seen thus far.

Every once in a while there's a topic that interests me, I check the comments, there is decent conversation, I'd like to join in, but can't. Really, I'll just stop reading Windows Central all together because I always close the app/browser infuriated by the incompetence I encounter.

tboggs13

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here, can't post comments using the app. Went to the website and can't post using Edge. Enabled ads, still couldn't post. (I've seen where UI elements are wrapped in ads on some sites) Switched to IE, CPU went nuts, closed IE. Switched to Firefox and CPU maxed out at 100%. Closed Firefox, disabled ads in Edge and the CPU returned to normal.

There is also no "Reply" button that I can find in the forums using the Windows 10 app.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Same issue here... It's been a long time since we got this problem. Comments in the app don't work, and the webpage is frustrating.

Sent from mTalk on Windows PC

Vincent Ryan

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I STILL cannot post comments in the WC desktop or mobile app! Is anyone doing anything to fix it? its been like this for months now. I`ve started using WMPoweruser for my windows news because i can participate in discussions there.

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I STILL cannot post comments in the WC desktop or mobile app! Is anyone doing anything to fix it? its been like this for months now. I`ve started using WMPoweruser for my windows news because i can participate in discussions there.
It's fixed with latest update

Sent from (iOK)

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
It was fixed. I had to uninstall/ reinstall the app before I can comment though.

I tried that, no luck. Not fixed for me.

Leaves me head scratching, with mtalk and tapatalk leaving there are no forum readers in Windows store.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I have a new problem since today morning. When I search for my 'Participated' threads in the W10 mobile or PC or browser (mobile or PC) the threads do not show up. In W10 mobile app I see a blank screen with Participated on top, on my Android it says 'No threads to display' and Chrome browser on my Android says 'Connection timed out'.
Same with W10 app on my laptop - a blank screen with Participated on top and 'Received zero-sized searchd response' in Chrome browser .
I tried searching Subscribed threads - it says ' Connection unexpectedly closed(timed out?) ' - exactly the way I have typed.
I am logged in and I do not want to log out or uninstall and reinstall the apps in case I can't log in again like few days back.
I am having the same problem with Android Central app and website too. I did not have these problems yesterday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss