The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I recently purchased a Surface 4 and I have enjoyed the face recognition very much, however, the option has disappeared from Sign-in options. When I sign in sign in it states that the camera could not be found. I believe it happened after Windows update where I saw it installed the latest Microsoft Firmware drivers.

I have already tried the following:
    * Hard reset
    * Check that I have the latest drivers for device "Microsoft Camera Windows Hello" (version 1.0.24.0)
    * Create another local account and see if the options were available there - they were not.
    * Uninstall the latest Microsoft windows update (KB3124262)

No luck.. Any suggestions?
    01-29-2016 03:35 PM
    I recently purchased a Surface 4 and I have enjoyed the face recognition very much, however, the option has disappeared from Sign-in options. When I sign in sign in it states that the camera could not be found. I believe it happened after Windows update where I saw it installed the latest Microsoft Firmware drivers.

I have already tried the following:
    * Hard reset
    * Check that I have the latest drivers for device "Microsoft Camera Windows Hello" (version 1.0.24.0)
    * Create another local account and see if the options were available there - they were not.
    * Uninstall the latest Microsoft windows update (KB3124262)

No luck.. Any suggestions?
    Have you tried rolling back the drivers for Microsoft Camera Windows Hello and have you checked settings if the update has inadvertently turned it off?
    01-29-2016 04:18 PM
    Thank you for the response.

I went into the event log for that driver, and I can actually see that the windows update did not touch it, i.e. I do not think it was the Microsoft Camera Windows Hello. I noticed something else, in the top of the Sign-in options it states that "Some settings are managed by your organisation" (see attached image).

Can my "organisation" disable Windows Hello and how can I see if that is the case?
    Attached Thumbnails 2016-02-02-17_22_39-settings.jpg  
    02-02-2016 10:23 AM
    Thank you for the response.

I went into the event log for that driver, and I can actually see that the windows update did not touch it, i.e. I do not think it was the Microsoft Camera Windows Hello. I noticed something else, in the top of the Sign-in options it states that "Some settings are managed by your organisation" (see attached image).

Can my "organisation" disable Windows Hello and how can I see if that is the case?
    Hmm, most likely they can although I'm not sure why they would want to disable a security feature?

Also use the quote button when replying :) so people know you've replied.
    02-05-2016 02:27 PM