Windows 10 Mobile - Wishlist (pre 10586.164)

PETERMONT

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
re: Microsoft Phone 10 wanted features.

Im looking to roll the nokia 930 out in my workplace. but there is one thing that bugs all the managers as soon as they touch the phone.
"why does search take so long to find a contact on my phone?"
"why do i have to press 5 times to start ringing the contact from search? I can pull down on my iphone type 2 letters and ring a contact as quick as i can move my finger?"

the search function needs to be improved for local searches. everything else they were happy with.

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Please please please dark background again for the calendar app. More features are welcomed but the ui is awesome the way it is in 8.1!!
@anyone using the Windows 10 preview: is there any functionality to change the background to black??

2RBau

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Would love to see Cortana come out of Alpha for Australia (she doesn't say much over here!) & also provide native support for Wi-Fi speakers (just like Bluetooth) so we can stream any apps output to my Speaker (currently have to use headphone socket & lead :cry:

club47home

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site

I really don't know how this works so I saw the only option I could post a message. Here's what I want... I know there's many but at the top of my head right now I want the music player be part of the notification center so as the volume as opposed to pressing the buttons to pull down the player and pushing the buttons again to adjust the volume. That's all I can think of right now.

chrisnx

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Phone 10 wanted features.

For alarms:
let us be able to set our personal Music, or maybe Launch an app like Radio.

keyboard:
double layout.
i would like to have some double layout, which means, when i press Long on the Q I see a 1. The trick Mark showed in the Video with the swype, i was not familiar with that. sooo please add a page for all quick Actions, which we can use.
look at swype keyboard, they have really Need Features like swype + x for cut or else.

for IE:
hell we Need an adblock, more stability (i can Show you some pages, where the browser crashes all the time), more Support for Standards like html5, a password Manager, ability to choose how to save: "save" "not yet" "never for this site". Now it's just the first and the last. and in the password Manager i want to have an Option to see, where i've saved them, and could delete one by one.

rikipy

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

the l2tp protocol for vpn is gone in WP10 T_T, now how to use vpn on the work

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Okay, so now the official windows 10 for phones is out, this leaves my wishlist as this.

Start screen landscape mode
NO
Larger tiles
YES
Improved list of settings
KIND OF. Is cleaner now, but settings are still a disorganized list. Would be nice if I could filter the list according to:
-most relevant (as is probably now)
-alphabetical (a must, there are so many settings features!)
-recently updated
- most used/accessed.

Other live tile dimensions
NO

Interactive live tiles
NO

Keeping transparent live tiles for ALL app tiles
KIND OF

Support for Bluetooth keyboard support
I HOPE SO. With the feature upgrades of office mobile, its just begging the use of a bluetooth keyboard on current devices. With such feature packed office, I hardly need a tablet or laptop anymore. Just my trusty lumia 1520 and a bluetooth keyboard for those productive moments on the go;) My microsoft bluetooth keyboard 3000 series is collecting dust, just begging to be used.

Last edited:

veigald

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

I would add consistent and good UI design to this list. What set WP apart when it arrived was the beautiful Metro design language, with pivot controls instead of dropdown menus. In the W10P preview there are hamburger menus in the upper left corner everywhere. This does not only go against the unique and beautiful design language of WP, it also goes against usability. A key reason iOS was never on big screens is that the navigation is in the upper left corner, where you simply cannot reach one handed on larger screens. Is W10P going to repeat that massive design flaw when they had a beautiful and highly usage alternative in pivot control?

nichson

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

Alright, Joe Belifore. Get it together now. Notification centre looks depressing. The design compared to apples looks like a nightmare and a horror movie at the same time. Use the design same as from when we change volume. The grey, softer. Like on windows for PCs, so it chages after the theme colour.

And, please. the same with the settings. It looks like Android honeycomb. I mean, you're Microsoft, you must be able to do a design.

I thought the tiles and colours was to bring the colours and vividness to Windows, now it looks like yes, a nightmare. Get your design language together, fast. Use the design from when the volume control pops up.

DonTexas

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

I just want to be able to text on my phone from my PC, like MightyText or MySMS. Why is this function so locked down Microsoft?

angelblast1997

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

This is not really a feature but more in the aesthetics side. Make the background of the Notification Center as transparent/translucent as the background in the app list.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

Yeah the noti center is starting to look like my wife's galaxy s5, mehh. The color hould change with your theme though instead of galaga blue. Aside from that, possibly being able to turn off cellular through Cortana like how you can turn off Wi-Fi, dunno why they didn't think of that when they did it with Wi-Fi.

arwars

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 9 features wishlist

-Better Miracast, DNLA, Airplay support.
-Use cortana in the car via Bluetooth without a number being dialed, it kills my 'recent contacts' list. you had it perfect in 8.1 at one point and screwed it up.
-FLAGSHIP PHONES, because they were scarce with Win 8.1. Real flagship phones and without Carrier Exclusiveness, that crap is KILLING MS!!.

How about an ICON with the 1020 camera and extra storage of the 1520? that's all we want! I high end, a mid range and a low-end phone. YOU ONLY NEED 3 to compete!

-Phone number parsing in all context (ie.. in a web page... like iOS), having to copy-paste to the phone dialer is silly.

Daylen in Canada

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

Here is my list of wanted features:
Cortana's background should be the Bing image of the day
Light theme for settings
Office Sway app
All apps should have transparent tiles
When I am working on something on my desktop, press a button to continue on my phone (and the other way around)
Ability to have Tetra Lockscreen and Kid's Corner
Merge OneDrive into File Explorer
Unlock your computer using your phone
Face login
When I am wearing a Microsoft Band, no need for passcode
HERE Maps and Maps should merge
Microsoft Store app
Flashlight in Action Center
The camera button should be able to do different things than launch camera
IFTTT APP!!!!
myHomework app

Members online