Windows 10 Mobile - Wishlist (pre 10586.164)

Saxithon

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
UI:
- Some kind of "Slimmer UI", sure the actual ModernUI looks good, but with a newer version it would be even better looking. All Mobile OSes do a design refresh, iOS with its .... design? (dunno the name), Android with Material design, Sailfish with its.... UI in general, and look! Tizen!

-Instead of these black, white-bordered buttons maybe some colors, without borders, or slimmer borders.

-Ability to set more colors/any color if its not too bright/dark (for these accent thingies, like the cortana halo etc.)

-let the apps open like they did in windows (not phone) 8. looked kewl to me.

--Lockscreen:
-Make the option for a blurred lock (example of how it would look, if i could make it in words (you are on the homescreen): You unlock the device. the background of the startpage gets clear, the tiles fade in.(I maybe add some concepts))

--Tiles:
-Allow (after the "normal" background is implemented) the users to set their tile color (accent duh) or the color mode, like black/white - multiply, add, divide etc. has a cool effect.

System:

- Allow to set default apps (not just for selected ones), like for cortana to open webpages, you can *only* use Internet Explorer for normal cortana searches.

- Even more volume toggles, split them up! Make separate ones, one for alarm, one for media, one for notifications and calls. Maybe add an option to split them or to let them grouped.

--Action Center:
-Actually the action center looks like a themed version of the early Android Days, what about making something own? Move the toggles to the bottom, at least for big devices like the 1320 or 1520, would come in handy.
- ^ Or Split it to pages, one toggle page one, notifications page. No not like Android 4.2.2 and higher, make it in verical pages.

--Lockscreen:
-Add - besides Windows Hello - the unlocking options for picture unlock etc.
(- Add a "new" type of lock: Take a photo of a detail from some object, like the serial number on your key, your digits on your ID. To unlock your phone you have to take a photo again and then tap the detail.)

--Cortana:
-Let her use Google. Believe it or not, Bing is doomed to fail, even with or without Cortana. Or atleast give the users the Chance.

Development:

- Make it free to publish Apps, at least for small business. Developers don't need Windows Phone/Windows 10 for Phones. Windows Phone needs Developers.

Stefan Pejic

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Search needs to be improved, It needs to be instant launch and when I click on a suggestion, it needs to take me to that suggestion. Lets say I search for contact and it suggests me contact, I want it to take me directly to that contacts page, not offer me search results.

Edit: Also, it needs to pop keyboard as soon as i press search, I don't want to manually click the text box in order to get keyboard.

Last edited:

MarkXsama

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
?Things that Windows 8.1 did wrong and Windows 10 should not repeat?

1-Customisable vibration in capacitive buttons ? e.g.25% 50%, 75% 100% vibration strength
2-Customisable colors of capacitive buttons (at least red, blue, green)
3-Split screen ? e.g. top half - music and bottom half - web browser
4-Option to preview background wallpaper before we enable it + customisation of its color
4.1-Option to change background wallpaper from not only the settings, but also from albums/SD card
5- Customisable notification centre colors different from the rest of the colors in phone e.g. you have a black background in phone, but a white one in NC
6-Better pinning of tiles to start - when we pin a tile to start, we are prompted to start, which is annoying if you juyt downloaded more apps and with each pinning you have to slide back to app list. PS-You made the ?recently downloaded? highlight in app list ? good...
7-More appealing people, phone and messaging app - color and text distinction
8-Bass adjustenment of music app + a better music ap ? possibilities down below
9-Better sound options - Sound customisation for several apps, not for all e.g. the same volume for all apps is reduction of possibility
10-Smarter Cortana - we do not want to touch the phone each time - I think you did this by now with W10
11-More personal Cortana, at least by 2020 - Make it a real AI and not a plastic bottle with a voice, able to receive Web info via WIFI...
12-Capacitive button light level - bright/medium/low light and not just ON/OFF ? separate from brightness option of screen
13-A more appealing Music app
14-Synchronisation within at least 2 phones (two people?s phones communicating whenever in reach)
15-Region free use, updates, downloads without limitations or restrictions based on location
16-3D like tiles (like in iOS8) ? make them float (I think, the new W10 background is something like that, but not quite)
17-HARDWARE - scanner + projector of video files on wall, table etc with at least half-decent colors
17.1 Projected keyboard on table/floor...any surface

18-We want to be able to use a ringtone/sms sound from SD card and not just from the inbuilt phone storage!!! Hell...
19-Wake up the phone with voice + voice recognition (not hardware button or double tap)
20-In notification centre - e.g. WIFI - when we tap it, it truns on, when we tap it again, it brings us to the wifi menu. This is useless. The second tap should turn wifi off. To go to wifi menu, a 0.5s press should be enough - this goes for all notifications and action shortcuts
21-The back/previous button is also a bit annoying - Pressing it for 1s makes it open the current/recent openned apps, web and interface. Maybe imply some most used apps like music and IE (web) to notification centre while they are open. Make a swipe top, too, not just down to throw away open windows
22-Music app with a software option to adjust the volume?
23-A 360 degree rotation of screen - would be probably useless if not adjusted for body-to-text position - for those who lie on a bed on sides ? the view feels limiting
24-Another annyoning thing is also when you listen to music with headphones. When you unplug the jack from phone, the music stops, ok, this is good. However, when you put the jack back, the music is off. We would appreciate if it would continue from the exact point it was interrupted. Android has this possibility, too. MUSIC APP is really bad: the adding of songs to the already playing ones
25-The exclusion of song while playing is really unpractical. Make an option alowing us to just tap a song to add it to the played and a swipe-to-exclude option like the swipe-away ability of background apps/interface/pages - best to right or left as in the VLC app for android, because to first select the songs and then exclude them is odd. Also, another bad thing about it is that the playlist has no option or possibility to reorder the songs. We cannot put e.g. second song in front of the first or after the third etc - this is...odd again.
26- There is no notification when the battery reaches 100% in charging
27-No way to check when the battery was last charged
28-To be able to name the tiles, if not, at least the tile folder
29-To be able to pin more than one app at a time to the start screen
30-When we update the phone, we dont really see what kind of an update we are getting - this needs to be clear to us
31-The stock WP8.1 alarm needs a re-do, too. The alarm that is set should be highlighted at the top and not somewhere at the bottom, where it was made. Imagine you got 25 different alarms and you need the one down below...odd, again
32-Transparent games and video app ? minor change
33-Is it just me (Slovakia, Lumia 620 100% working, WP8.1 Denim Update, for Cortana to work I set the location to USA) or is everyone else getting a false time and date after restarting/soft reseting the phone?
34-In-built alarm needs a customisable volume
35-A third background design? We got the tiles, the app list and maybe a third one would be great or more e.g. a background, where all factory apps are Another one where downloads are or something similar.
36-An in-built speech to text app that Works and is fast, rerally fast to -write- sms, mail faster. Forget the swype keyboard, although i tis great for now. But speech to text is the future of many phones and available even at this point.
37-If not cortana, as the WIFI dependent assistant, make an interactive voice FRIEND, that would work online but learn from it and act on its own even offline e.g. Say to you ?good morning? after you dismiss your alarm (and good day, good night etc) or say ?HI -name-? when recognizing a friend of the user (also and WP user) is near ? this is an addition to point 14. Reach recognition of paired devices (also tablets or PCs/Tablets)
38-Forget fingerprint recognition-this is as irrelevant as some of my points like 1,2,3, but still. Some minor changes are appreciated, others are ripoffs and basically, nobody will use it.
39-?How can a phone know that the user got a mail when not on WIFI and still tur nit on independently and notify the user??
40-A battery saver, that explains what it actually does and to what and how, not just states.
41-Similar to the point 35 ? Imagine you have a tile on your background, that is actually a background itself. A tile, as any other, when clicked opens up another background, that, as the usuall, contains tiles. In android or iOS case, this is done by swiping to the sides. In WP case, too. However, this brings us to the app list, not background. In WP, you can make an infinite background, swiping down/up. But, if you would like to go to the apps you want this could be a nuisance.
42-LISTEN TO YOUR SUPPORTERS AND END USERS

TASWinFan

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
We need a lot of things and you have great points, however, there is another issue and that is the design that microsoft is going to use for the Windows 10 phone interface . Here is a great UI concept and I think it would really help windows phone if you agree head over and vote for this uservoice.
6719c1b8d876ed74ced6a9fb7487d05d.jpg

Here is the uservoice with a link to the concept images
https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/...7438894-beautiful-stand-out-os-design-concept

mark2410

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
i would love it if wp10 could utilise its bluetooth connection to receive a data connection. my main phone is and will remain an android phone and i can share its data connection with androud tablets and phones no problem but wp, nope. wifi sharing works but its too battery intesive .

Exosoul

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
While I won't use Windows phone, the only thing I would like to have in such a phone is CD/USB Drive Emulation to have more people ditch flash drives/CDs unless they are really needed like for example product installation.

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I?m still waiting for the possibility to establish a VPN Connection to a Windows Remote Access Server via L2TP or SSTP. The last Windows Phone Version that worked was 6.5.

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Real file manager app and no limitations when I download something I want to see it on the memory not just through the app I downloaded from. No limitations!

DonTexas

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
MightyText. Heck ANY program like it that allows me to send/receive SMS/MMS from my PC using my existing phone number. Again, MightyText is the sole reason I'm still on Android instead of using my Lumia 1520 for a phone instead of a mini tablet.

DiegoM00012

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I think W10 should have the ability to integrate the existing apps, I mean, when someone sends me a link to Vine, with Windows 8.1 it opens in the browser... That link should be opened in the Vine app, same with Facebook pages.

xpressoz

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Interactive tiles.
Tap it to open the app, tap on the right corner (transparent dot, small square corner or something else) to activate the interaction in the tile. For the large or extra large tiles i think.

Ssebu

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I have just posted an interesting idea to UserVoice. Here it is:

My phone is a very personal device that contains all my contacts, my favorite music, my persona on social networks, even the maps to places I go to often.

A year ago, Microsoft introduced the Windows in the Car concept, which basically does the same thing as Android Auto and Car Play: it allows you to access phone functionality from your car's dashboard, in a manner that's appropriate for the car. Your car infotainment system becomes an extension of your phone.

My idea expands on the same kind of concept: imagine walking into your office, or the local library, or a web cafe, plugging your phone into the PC that's there, and then having access to your phone's apps, through the PC. You'd never have to log in to your accounts on a PC you don't trust. You'd never have to answer a text message using a touch keyboard when you have a real one available. Since most apps will be re-written using the Universal APIs, nothing prevents a PC from displaying an app running on the phone, using UI that's appropriate for the PC.

I think it would be really great, and also very feasible.
Please vote! (I can't post the link, but look for "Ability to Run Phone Apps on PC When Connected".)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers