Windows 10 Mobile - Wishlist (pre 10586.164)

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Going by some the request in here we need a full SP3 laptop in an iPhone format with a battery that will last a week and the phone can also do everyone's household choirs, Tough crowd to please smile smile.

JamesSHun

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I need only working mail app and login only store!
If i login to the store lot of MS ***** app is use my MS account. I not want it!
I want to use my MS account to the store and not want to see any MS services at my phone!

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
My Windows 10 Mobile Wishlist:

• New unified UI design building off of the original ?Metro design principles and off that of Microsoft's competitors
  • New Windows Store application design that feels welcoming and makes me want to spend time in the store
  • Quick controls center similar to that of iOS Control Center (perhaps recycle the name of Control Panel?)
  • Quick respond to notifications without opening the Action Center
  • Tracking Protection Lists in Microsoft Edge
  • Styli/Pen input
  • Continuity between desktop and mobile devices for tasks such as open applications, tabs, phone calls, etc.
  • Limited default program selection for "reserved" file types (music, video, photos, url), and defaults set by applications
  • Offline backup & syncing over USB or WiFi with a PC
  • Enhanced data sense for compression of all data sent over a cellular network
  • Optional power user settings, to enable advanced settings
  • Third-party keyboards
  • Hey Cortana for unsupported devices (Just display a "This may adversely affect battery life on unsupported hardware" warning)
  • MixView tiles
  • Parallax tiles (Remember KIN?)
  • Availability to Marque tile to developers (see Music app)
  • BitLocker for SD cards (currently only available for enterprise connected devices?)
  • ReFS for SD cards
  • "Start your day"/Today screen; Cortana learns of when you regularly wake based on device usage and offers curated information based on stored interests, appointments for the day (sorted by time), and other relevant information. Essentially a specialized version of the main Cortana screen
  • Transfer my Phone option to move all data from an old device to a new device (including Apps, messages, settings, app data, storage contents, etc.), and offer "select" transfer for advanced users as well as when the target device has lower storage free than required
  • New Photo app focused on displaying content in an enjoyable manner while supporting albums & folders; allow storing a single photo in multiple albums through use of Symbolic Links and allow filtering images based on tags.
  • Better task management. and ability to force kill apps when Power User options enabled
  • Lighter footprint
  • Performance toggle that allows switching between using advanced graphical elements and UI animations, and turning them off for better performance on older/lower-end devices ("Adjust for better" [performance] or [appearance])
  • Ability to uninstall updates when Power User options enabled, in event of faulty or broken update
  • Ability to choose which updates to download and install when Power User options enabled
  • Syncing of user dictionary (why this is still unimplemented I will never know. Hate having to retrain the keyboard on new phones)
  • Optional Skype Messaging over SMS when in poor-service areas, and automatic messaging through Skype's service when target recipient's number is registered/linked with their Skype account
  • Refresh option, similar to Windows, for when a device is responding poorly or otherwise experiencing issues, allowing users to keep their data and apps when resetting the device (as opposed to a full factory reset)
  • Audio equalizer for Media+Apps audio
  • Support for multiple formats as ringtones, and extension of ringtone time limit
  • Read support for Apple formats (iCal, Apple Works/Office suite, Passbook)
  • Integration of 3rd party APIs into Cortana for when smart-answers/information cannot be found on Bing, & enhanced Cortana integration API to allow Cortana to directly search through and pull content from an app along side Bing and other services.

?Metro design principles are centered around a content focused interface that does not overemphasize interface "chrome" and utilizes motions to give the interface fluidity and make it feel alive, and is not to be confused with the original Metro interface which debuted on Windows Phone and to which is named after Metro design

Vivek Giri

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
#1 Wishlist 🌟

"Live tiles" are the most unique features Windows have.
Why not take advantage of it !
So who want "Live Tiles" in lockscreen, action centre and in task switcher?
Plz i want all intrested "Insiders" feedback this suggestion to Microsoft team.

EL620

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Firewall settings to control network connections ( wifi, Cell Data)
Useful to disable Internet access for any chosen app.

Saxithon

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Give the "Action Center" more actions like a music control, volume everything in one place. atm all the overlays (Music/Notifications/whatsoever) are a bit messy.

I've made a little concept here(Not a professional one):

sg48w2gz.png

vivekgiri_7

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Just like Android.....
XAP file should install (sideload) independently without opening store, any restart and without any network connection.

Last edited:

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: #1 Wishlist 🌟

I think MS should remove the hardware Search button. It's the single worst part of the Lumia design, and it's completely unnecessary. It takes only a couple of clicks to get to Cortana via software, and if you're in your browser already (as you probably are, if you suddenly need to search something) then you've no need to even leave the app you're in.

Who makes major use of this button? Hardly anyone, I expect. But we all find ourselves accidentally hitting that button and having to shutdown the Search app. It can be triggered by things that aren't even your fingers -- maybe, as I do, you use a Flashlight app to navigate your house and get to bed without disturbing your partner, in which case you'll know that all you have to do is place the phone backplate-up on your bed cover, and the touch of the sheets can trigger Search and switch your Flashlight off, leaving you in darkness! I realise this is a niche problem, but it's still irritating.

The HEW Search button's only benefit was to try and bait WP users towards Bing rather than Google, and if you insist on using Google (which the majority of WP users will do, if WP ever goes fully mainstream) then all the barriers and nag messages the system puts in your way only serve to **** you off.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm willing to live with the hamburger menus (not a big fan, but what can you do?). I'm even willing to live with the circle (instead of square) contact pictures. One thing I will not compromise in is lack of a dark theme for the mail/calendar app and the app store. I wish this would also make its way over to the OneDrive app as well. Having a dark theme is what turned me on to WP in the first place. I absolutely hate bright white backgrounds. It is so rough on my eyes and to me is VERY unelegant!.

I also would love it if MS FINALLY make their native apps (sports, finance, news, etc) have transparent tiles. I mean, this is one feature they were so proud to tout on WP 8.1 but not even their own apps have it!!!

These are really my 2 wishes. Everything else I can live with (albeit reluctantly).

mileRunner

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Here's my small request for Windows 10 for phones - and if someone has already wished for this, well then that makes two of us - I haven't read all the entries in the tread...

My request would be with the 'photo' app. It's a lovely thing and its great that the tile alternates through a handful of pictures randomly, changing about daily. The problem is that once in a while the phone shows a really nice picture, one that I had forgotten about, my first reaction is 'oh let's see this again, let's see this bigger...' but of course you click on the thing and it simply get you to your pictures, with the most recent ones being shown. I'm not going to scroll to find the picture, I've got thousands and I don't know where it is...

So it would be nice that when you touched the tile and entered the app, you would have at the bottom the group that's being shown currently on the tile, and above that, all the photos in chronology like we have now.

Has any one run into this frustrating interaction with the photo app?

angelblast1997

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I would like to see Cortana on the left side of the Start Screen. Cortana is an amazing virtual assistant but having her on her own application ruins the experience, Cortana does not feel integrated within the OS. It would be a great idea if Cortana lived next to the Start Screen. Swiping to the right/ sliding to the left would slide the screen to Cortana. Having Cortana so easily accessible would improve how much users use Cortana.

The new Cortana would also display the Start Screen wallpaper blurred in the background. This would not only look sleek and nice but would unify Windows 10 Mobile.

VOTE HERE!!! https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...n-the-start-sc

This is a very quick mock up I did Cortana_StartScreen_Mockup.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium