Windows 10 Mobile - Wishlist (pre 10586.164)

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 9 features wishlist

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1/310835-essential-features-needed-added-quickly-wp.html

I had created a separate thread without seeing it.
We all have seen MS doing great job in adding good number of features to the OS and making it awesome. Still there are features which if added could make life simpler and as people say MS can CATCH UP. I m listing up some i feel are necessary.
Photos, Songs and videos handled by apps easily
Battery control
More Multi tasking [apps dont just stop running, user can leave in background so app can run]
better sharing features [bluetooth pairing is not so easy. email attachments are different story themselves]
control on app data stored [other memory]
pattern lock
app locker [or make using the apps corner a bit more fast]
Just adding content as it is here..

Neil Hinkle

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

A simple one would be adding music playback controls to the notification center. I know these can be accessed via the volume buttons but from a UX perspective it makes no sense to have to adjust the volume in order to pause or change tracks, much less see the name of the track that's currently playing.

A not so simple one would be introducing something similar to Apple's continuity between Windows Phone and Windows 8. It would be awesome to be able to connect your phone and then send and receive calls and texts through your computer. I can see Skype moving in this direction (already supports calling phones), but they need to do away with their fees and beef up the rest of it's functionality before it can be a truly viable contender.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

Fix the phablet experience. Mail, for example, looks the same on all screen sizes.

Also, IE needs to refresh pages less. I have two GB of RAM. There is probably more, like fixing the multitasking menu.

aveese

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

pdf reader with night mode and text reflow for reading ebooks...i can't even find one in the store

ability to lock my network to 3g/4g...a must for me!!!

play mkv files natively...moliplayer can't play 1080p mkv videos, only the audio

one-hand mode!!!

smart dialing...natively

download lyrics and album art in music app

night mode in news...my eyes hurt reading in the dark with white background

tagalog input for keyboard...or give us swiftkey

allow horizontal gaps in start screen...let me place my live tiles anywhere

background for start screen and menu...not just background for transparent tiles...and not just black and white

give us the option to download more than 100 mb!!!

adblock for ie!!!

sandflo

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 10 features wishlist

I don't know if Microsoft made it clear during the presentation: a feature should be that current universal apps just "run". No ifs and buts. That is important to not scare away companys and developers in the time in between.... and it could give the whole universal app thing a momentum way before the release.

TechmeIN64

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

I just want my phone to talk to my computer more. Think text messages, phone calls, notifications etc on the desktop.
That, combined with Cortana being on both the desktop and phone will drive up sales dramatically.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Apple Continuity for all Windows 10 devices in WiFi range signed into the same Microsoft account.

The apps that would support it:

Mail
Internet Explorer
Office
Maps
Contacts

also ability for 3rd party apps to use this capability. I know people will scream "you copied Apple", but this is a great feature and Windows needs it.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I just want my phone to talk to my computer more. Think text messages, phone calls, notifications etc on the desktop.
That, combined with Cortana being on both the desktop and phone will drive up sales dramatically.

Basically you want the latest capabilities of iOS & OS X.

Daniel Ramos5

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Phone features wishlist

Wishlist:
  • Dynamic animation in start menu (right now it just appears...)
  • Dynamic animation when opening an app (again, it just appears.)
  • Windows+Tab to change between desktops.
  • Dynamic animation when changing between desktops.
  • Anyting that shows you in wich desktop you are.
  • Redesign all icons to get match my PC and File Explorer style.
  • New desktop backgrounds.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Wishlist:
  • Dynamic animation in start menu (right now it just appears...)
  • Dynamic animation when opening an app (again, it just appears.)
  • Windows+Tab to change between desktops.
  • Dynamic animation when changing between desktops.
  • Anyting that shows you in wich desktop you are.
  • Redesign all icons to get match my PC and File Explorer style.
  • New desktop backgrounds.

I have a feeling that those animations will appear near the end of the preview period. Those are usually the final polishing touches.

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

Minimize all the photo editing apps and simplify things into the camera app or under the photo options.

Make things more simple I should have to swipe and tap 10 times to reach where I want to go. My parents like simplicity, easy to use, simple to find things they need on the phone. Don't entitle yourself to one age group.

I want a more unified experience on all devices. Windows phone shouldn't be that much different than the desktop version. Xbox one should have a similar experience.

Quit all the app animation. I hate when I tap an app and it gives me the start splash screen to the app. Go straight to the app with no loading or splash screen.

MS has gotten away from the speed of doing certain functionalities. I remember taking a photo and posting it fastest was their niche. It seems they have drifted away from that. Speed overall should be MS focus.

I honestly Don't think MS is doing enough on the app situation. They should have a team attacking developers to develop for windows 10. I swear I've been waiting on my financial institutions official app since wp7. Still haven't got the app but they supported apple pay or whatever its called right out the gate.

MS has dome nothing to overwhelm people. MS work has been satisfactory. Just enough to get recognized. I feel MS needs to be the innovator and not the follower. Now that NFC is on Apple devices in sure plenty of uses for NFC will explode. But guess what, this feature had been on Android and Windows devices.

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

Why is Xbox video and music two separate apps. Unify this apps and call it Xbox media player or something. Bring back windows media player, **** was so simple then. Simply drag and drop music or videos. You can add the store on top of that. Why do I have to pay to listen. This sucks.

Xbox gamer tags should be part of contacts. Or even PSN gamer tag.

Cortana should be accessible with holding the search button. I should be able to speak with Cortana just like I can with Xbox.

Why hasn't MS implemented widgets or switches. Turning on and off Bluetooth, wifi, airplane mode etc shouldn't have to go through notification bar then to settings to turn off or on. I popup should come up to select what device or whatever. Simplify things MS.

Why no notification light on any devices. This is so stupid
.glance isn't offered on all device. Therefore notification lights can be used. More so a multi color notification light. A different color light for different types of notifications

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

IE simply blows. It's gotten better. But this **** should be more robust for exploring the web

Downloading from the web sucks. It's no possible way. I want to download mixtapes from websites onto a external storage card. O I forgot MS doesn't support external memory on all their devices.

Windows tablets need the ability to download load and run apps from external memory. I can only have like 10 apps on my device before I have to watch what I download. Partly that's my fault because my tablet loaded all my OneDrive files onto my tablet and not online only

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

IE simply blows. It's gotten better. But this **** should be more robust for exploring the web

Downloading from the web sucks. It's no possible way. I want to download mixtapes from websites onto a external storage card. O I forgot MS doesn't support external memory on all their devices.

Windows tablets need the ability to download load and run apps from external memory. I can only have like 10 apps on my device before I have to watch what I download. Partly that's my fault because my tablet loaded all my OneDrive files onto my tablet and not online only

I forgot when Microsoft became the OEMs. This isn't a lack of Microsoft support, nor is it their fault or their problem.

As for your OneDrive/Space problem, you admit that's your fault. Also:
How to Install Windows Store Apps to an SD Card or Another Drive

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

An "add to wishlist" button in the store so that you can download apps later.

It's very useful in my Android device because there are certain times that I need my PC to fully utilize my connection. I can actually just go back to the app but most of the time I forget about it.

Is there a button like this? Because I haven't seen it.. I'd like that.

Another is of course, a better music player.

TechmeIN64

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

Yeah a few things that Apple has done are pretty cool. No shame in recognizing a good idea.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site

I really wish things were merged better. Contacts and phone and speed dial are separate and it's stupid. I show be able to add contacts to speed dial from any contact info screen. Instead of having to go back to speed dial and then add them. You should be able to do it all from People app too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb