Windows 10 Mobile - Wishlist (pre 10586.164)

ininjam

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 10 features wishlist

Vertical (in portrait mode) snapping for Modern apps (something like what's on samsung phones and tablets). Would be greatly useful for 8-inch or smaller windows devices (phone or tablet,) or devices that encourage portrait use (like the SP3.)

Also, landscape mode for phones that involves everything, tiles, apps, action center, like what Apple has done with iOS 8 and iPhone 6. Would enhance the flow and the uniformity of the whole Windows experience on phone, as it just gets really annoying to have to pull the action center from the side with everything in the wrong alignment when using the phone in landscape, or get thrown to a vertical start screen and app list from a landscape app and being forced to switch position.

bonghy90

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Wish list is simple and practical and should have been adapted from Symbian:
1. The ability to send videos in the video hub over Bluetooth and NFC.

2. Switching off my phone during charging.

3. The alarm going off even when the phone is powered off.

4. Better music control from the pull down slider.

5. Removal of the games hub and maps (not here maps) since I don't see the point of having it anymore after 8.1.

That's all. I am not one of those gimmicks engrossed people like the majority of people here. If I wanted those gimmicks, I would have gone for Android or Apple in the first place. I chose Windows for its practicality and sincerely hope that it will continue to deliver robust user experience and maintain its fluidity. That's the reason why Beethoven and Mozart are still being played today: Consistency. I leave the rest to the excellent developers in the Microsoft research team.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Run on the bare minimum of specs.
You know, 400 MHz processor, 1 Mb ram, VGA camera, etc.

? change between phone and desktop mode.
? desktop in phone.
? I had another idea, I will post it when I remember.

Last edited:

ZackTheNever

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Ha! They'll never do more than half of that. I honestly think Interactive live tiles is a bad idea for a few reasons

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I remembered.
? picture password, like Windows 8.
?3-block wide tile.
? multitasking themes. Like a bubble under the app that will pop when the app closes.
? start screen themes. Not those themes, something like diagonal scrolling.

Last edited:

haikallp

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site

* Support for QHD and UHD resolutions
* Support for 64 bit chipsets
* Smart-dialing (its 2014, hello?!)
* Actionable notification from lockscreen
* Sort settings alphabetically
* Double tap to wake device up
* Change default apps to open for browser, calculator, calendar etc.
* 3rd-party keyboards support
* Expand Bing services to more countries
* Data toggle in Action Center
* Toggles in action center toggles on/off state, and not diverts to another page to toggle the state
* Expand Cortana to more countries
* Color picker for accent colors
* Wishlist in Windows Store
* Native panorama, burst mode & slow-mo function in the camera app

ashish purohit6295

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 9 features wishlist

bring the ability of wifi hotspot rather than internet sharing so that large files can be transferred using wifi file transfer app( like shareit) between two WP currently it requires a wifi router

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
All I want is for a secure fast and reliable os without region restrictions on features. Also I would like to see a section in the settings which would allow you to add or remove features you want or don't want. Eg settings> add features> add,remove kids corner. It would allow the user complete control and customization of there device. I know a few features I would like to remove as I don't use them.

Last edited:

saras112

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site

Run on the bare minimum of specs.
You know, 400 MHz processor, 1 Mb ram, VGA camera, etc.

? change between phone and desktop mode.
? desktop in phone.
? I had another idea, I will post it when I remember.

Even the feature phones can't run with this amount of RAM

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 9 features wishlist

bring the ability of wifi hotspot rather than internet sharing so that large files can be transferred using wifi file transfer app( like shareit) between two WP currently it requires a wifi router
What are you talking about? Internet sharing is creating a WiFi hotspot. Use Easy Transfer of you want to transfer large files. No need for external WiFi.

sufran

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

I like to edit the colour of the tiles, individually. Not all at a single time. Each a specific type of colour.

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Basically i don't like Android. But i like one thing in Android. The notification shows the app logo on the top. Whereas in wp8.1 its only a box for new notifications. I really want the app logo notifications.

Last edited:

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Basically i don't like Android. But i like one thing in Android. The notification shows the app logo on the top. Whereas in wp8.1 its only a box for new notifications. I really want the app logo notifications.

Really ? I like it better how it is in Windows Phone. Every time I look at an android the top bar thing is cluttered. I'd rather it look clean and simple. The box icon lets you know you have new notifications, so just pull it down to view it, simple.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99