Are You Trying Out The Preview of Windows 10

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You don't seem the grudge type. So you and Vista didn't work out. Its not like Vista intended to cheat on you. He was young and just wasn't ready for your goodness. ::ducking behind the sofa from flying high heal pumps.::

Saying goodbye to Vista meant the very last BSOD I've seen so far. 7 had all the good looks of Vista without the temperamental attitude. 8/8.1 provided the stability of 7 with far less energy needed. 😊

andynew89

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm... I've tried it and I feel in love with the (half) new start. I wish they would work faster and release it faster and some new smartphones too ;-) but I know it's going to take a while...
Funny thing I run CCleaner on the technical preview and the application dispays my system is Windows 8.1 Preview....

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Day 1 installed Win10 Enterprise 64 bit:
- VMWare Workstation 10, HP EliteBook 8560W i7 Quad core 24 GB RAM is laggy with 1 CPU, 2GB assigned. Increased to 2 Core/4CPU, 4GB and performance improved significantly.

Day 3 installed Win10 Enterprise 32 bit
- upgraded over 8.1 on HP ElitePad 900 (dual core Atom)
- Retain settings and apps

To this point, the only "issue" I've seen is that IE11 tends to be a bit more 'laggy' on some websites (including WPCentral!) than in 8.1; Chrome works fine. Have not yet found any application incompatibilities and am finding the Universal App store improvements to be solid. Do miss the corner swipe of the charms on the tablet, but that's subject to change as time goes on. Quite pleased so far; enough so that I'm taking the tablet on my business trip next week. Sadly enough, IT doesn't let our corporate PC/Tablets provide location information, so highly useful things like route planning in HERE Maps won't work for me.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Using the Tech Preview in Hyper-V on Windows 8.1 Pro, I knew Hyper-V would come in handy for me at some point.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Saying goodbye to Vista meant the very last BSOD I've seen so far. 7 had all the good looks of Vista without the temperamental attitude. 8/8.1 provided the stability of 7 with far less energy needed. ��

But if it wasn't for Vista we wouldn't have Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 so for all the complaining people did about Vista it laid the groundwork for its successors.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
A part of me wants to try it out but I don't have an extra machine that I want to load it up on. I'll probably just hold out for the final release

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I've got Windows 10 loaded on my main desktop in a VHD, have to say it's much quicker than my Windows 7 install (on the same computer)

Ticomfreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
... Ironically I also believe this is why my wifi wasn't connecting. The CPU was so busy that it didn't have enough resources to process the WPA-2 encryption system and it just gave up after 3 minutes. After I updated the graphics driver the wifi connected instantly.

No, it probably just installed Wi-Fi drivers...

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Running mine in a VM
As this is the desktop preview I am finding that side of it very nice so far, the start menu does make the desktop a lot nicer with the windowed store apps
However I am a touch user as well as keyboard/mouse so am waiting for the preview that includes these changes as the experience with touch is not very nice in the current preview

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Dual Booting it on my laptop and have already installed all my development tools. Have been playing around to see what we will be able to customize and what not and quite happy that a lot of old code I wrote from XP-W7 is working great.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Copied my standard W8.1 to a new partition and installed the ISO in there so I have dual boot. Had to reinstall programs and apps, user data was kept. Use it as my standard boot, works fine for a preview, so far reported 2 apps that don't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720