Windows 10 Tech Preview - Issues and Complaints

ZenenGulley

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Well after watching another pc get totally screwed up by W10, I decided I didn't want it. Sadly, GWX downloader kept open until I figured out how to delete all the W10 download files etc. But the downloader already done it's damage; it actually gave me Trojan horses and a W32 worm. It killed my usb [manual override and now it works] and some drivers, Windows won't allow me to re-download all of them. I can't use my wireless mouse but for some reason the keyboard does work.
I'm kinda angry at W10. WHY is there an open connection? Why does it allow hitching viruses on my pc with the updater? Instead of the 3.2GB the files should've been, it took 5.9GB of space [and it was re-downloading the W10 installer AGAIN]
I used GWX manager and finally got it off my pc. Anyone that has problems with this downloader [the irritating continious questing of Windows if I want to update my PC with no absolute NO option] and suddently finds Trojan Horses, should do as I did.
And then re-install your original windows, repeat the GWX manager, and reboot several times.
I'm so done with this upgrade. It's been a pain to my pc for months now. Also, they turned off the official complaints site [windows service] so I can't do anything about my problems but continiously delete files, block files, download things to block Windows from doing anything to my pc. Everything has to be done manually now.
Also, tablets can't sync with pc's anymore since W10. No matter what you do.
W10 gets a giant negative from this household. It has giving us more problems than it actually solved.

Roy Mapes

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Having problems with Windows updating Visual C++ 2012...KB3119142. The system updates everything else fine. After clicking 'Update" the system scans and displays the above item but never downloads it. After about 15 seconds the screen resets and restarts the scan. Again finding the same update it displays for about 3 seconds then resets again. After 3-4 times the system indicates "No updates" found with current time.
If I select "Update" the entire process starts over.

I notified MS and they ran the program checker (all ok) and he had me reload W10 which I did but it s still doing the same thing

steve miller11

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
SLOW ON START UP AND SOMETIMES WILL NOT EVEN LOAD - HAVE TO FORCE A SHUTDOWN AND START OVER --- COMPUTOR FREEZES UP - A LOT ---- LOST ALL MY GAMES -YOU CAN GO TO MICROSOFT AND DOWNLOAD THEM INDIVIDUALLY BUT YOU HAVE TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT --- ON PICTURES - HAVE TO DELETE PICTURE INDIVIDUALLY, CAN'T DO AN ENTIRE FILE ALL AT ONCE - WHAT A PAIN----- I WANTED TO GO BACK TO 7, BUT I AM NOT COMPUTOR SAVIE AND TOO DIFFICULT FOR ME - DOWN LOAD TO THE CLOUD??????.

I HAVE AN I5 processor and my laptop was fast before I switched --- now so slow

I am glad I did not switch my desk top. Now I have to go out and buy an Apple product ---- I AM DONE WITH MICROSOFT PRODUCTS --- I TRUELY HATE WINDOWS 10

Wadidiz

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
1. MediaMonkey no longer plays WMA files although they work in Groove; can no longer use years of playlists.
2. Windows Maps continue to give totally wrong directions despite reporting faults via reports and feedback for over six months.
3. Files "jump around" when trying to select them.
4. Edge suddenly fails to load.
5. Start screen intermittently fails to load.
6. Photos app glitchy.

Build 11102.rs1 release 160113-1800

Anyone else?

jsrvmorgan

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
The first issue I noticed was that I could not open Adobe files from websites. It kept crashing. That seemed to get a little better. I learned that I have to use the new explorer in order for file download to work. The next big issue, and I mean big issue for me is that my file folders take forever to open. I can click the folder at the bottom and wait up to 10 minutes or more some times before my files open. Also, today I tried to create a new file folder and the system just kept freezing upon me.

mikewhenry

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Well, Windows, you finally did it. The worse "upgrade" since the Atom bomb. You made me move to Mac.
You removed Movie Maker, DVD burner (and what else that I haven't discovered yet) and rendered most of my other software useless.
You say I need to buy all new software? It's just as easy to say, "buy a Mac"

benangeloni

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Just to say, microsoft windows 10; thanks a lot for making my surface 3 4g lte costong me ?440 utterly useless.

The refresh/reinstall freezes on welcome back. The screen will not respond to any touches. Some welcome back this is. Now my device has been returned via amazon for a full refund. this is a serious os fail. The basic fundamental of an os is to re-install. Windows 10 is not suitable for release to the general public. Goodbye windows 10, last chance blown.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Newest build 14257 murdered Cortana on my SP3. Voice commends do not work at all, and there's also no more "Hey Cortana" support for Canadians. Don't know about elsewhere but on my machine it is gone.

challanagesh

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi
I am unable to complete update of insider preview of 14295 version, almost it will go to 77% of date gathering in initial process and it will automatically shutting down, I don't know what I have to do please suggest me how to complete new technical preview installation in my pc plz

thanks and regards
challa nagesh

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

Ritik Singh

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Sir, i am using windows 10 pro ,i m facing a problem that is ,i was having nvidia hd graphics but when i installed win10 my nvidia graphics is not showing and my desktop is not having a quality image due to this. Please help me to short it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720