Virtual Desktops switching hotkey

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know a hotkey which allows to switch to the next/closest Virtual Desktop? For example I use Ctrl+Alt+Left/Right arrow in Fedora, I do hope there is something similar in the TP.

The only thing I found is Win + Tab, but it gives the view of all of the Desktops/Apps.

mterrill68

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
<CTRL> + <WIN> + <ARROW KEY> will take you back and forth through the desktops.

<CTRL> + <WIN> + <#> will take you to a specific desktop.. This behaves a *little* weirdly as my desktops are 4-7, not 1-3 as I'd expect.
-mt

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Oh, it isn't. And yeah, the task view is way easier to discover than ALT+TAB ever was. All I mean is that CTRL+WIN+LEFT/RIGHT is something people are unlikely to find without being told about it.

I don't know the equivalent keystroke on a Mac, so I can't comment on that. However, I do find the way the Mac handles managing open windows, programs and documents to be unnecessarily convoluted and I wish it would just treat every open windows as its own instance of whatever program it contains.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh, it isn't. And yeah, the task view is way easier to discover than ALT+TAB ever was. All I mean is that CTRL+WIN+LEFT/RIGHT is something people are unlikely to find without being told about it.

I don't know the equivalent keystroke on a Mac, so I can't comment on that. However, I do find the way the Mac handles managing open windows, programs and documents to be unnecessarily convoluted and I wish it would just treat every open windows as its own instance of whatever program it contains.

Mac keyboards have an Expose key as well as an icon that is installed by default to the Dock Bar.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My coworker and I spent a good 20 minutes trying to figure it out and only got WIN + TAB and then arrow down and then left and right and then enter lol

Thank you for this!

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Aight, so Ctrl + Win + NUM does not work for me.
The Ctrl + Win + Arrows work fine, but it's not so handy on an external keyboard where Ctrl and Win are close to each other.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion