Windows 10 and Hardware Drivers

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
To those who installed Windows 10 Tech Preview, were you able to download proper drivers for your video card or other devices? I'm running a GTX 550 Ti. Is it the same as Windows 8.1? (Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 use the same drivers, right?) I'm only able to run it on VMware so I can't say if my graphics card has a driver available.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I didn't even have to do anything, it "upgraded" the drivers of my Acer S3-951 and now it's perfect.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Okay good. The only possible problem I might encounter then would be sound drivers. But its good to know that nvidia drivers would work.

CuddleBunni

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I had a fantastic experience with drivers. While Windows was configuring itself after installation it displayed a wizard which offered to install the drivers and supporting software for much of my brand name hardware (Razer Synapse, ATI Catalyst, etc) one by one. It was awesome! The only software it missed was the Logitech utility for my G11 keyboard. This was a pleasant surprise because I set aside 45 minutes for driver shenanigans that I used to play around with the OS instead. :)

surpriserose

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I was trying to reinstall Dolby Advanced Audio v2 and it says, needs to reinstall or reboot, but to no avail. Qualcomm Atheros bluetooth isn't working either.

Tor Holstein

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Uhuh, I installed (oldish laptop with 840M) and ran a few things BEFORE the Nvidia drivers updated, and all was fine. Updated, and bam, 99pct of the games just forceclose without any warning when using it, though running perfectly (but of course sloooowly) on inboard graphics. Anyone knows how to rollback the driver only?

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For any graphics drivers, you have two (basic) options:

1. Use the provided utility (i.e. ATI/AMD Catalyst Control Center a.k.a. CCC)

2. Uninstall/rollback through Device Manager.

If you do not know method 2, quite frankly you have no business installing Windows 10 Technical Preview. Wait approximately six months for a more user friendly version.

Cawffee Tyme

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same problem with the qualcomm atheros bluetooth driver.......worked in version 8, but by 8.1, it quit and now in 10 is not even being detected

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077