You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC.

t.mehoves

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
"You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC."

Anyone know a work around in the Metro PC Settings as the Control Panel is still missing some of the options. I have tried my Windows 8 and 8.1 key just to see, and that doesn't work as expected.

Ken Nye

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
When I click on Activate windows in PC settings, it just hangs, no other windows open, am I missing something?

I figured out this occurred when I used my Windows 8 Media Pack key to install Add features to Windows 10 Technical Preview, which worked, and now I have the Media Center installed, but in the lower right hand of my desktop it say Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center Evaluation copy Build 9841

hopefully MS will put out an update to fix this.

Last edited:

t.mehoves

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
When I click on Activate windows in PC settings, it just hangs, no other windows open, am I missing something?

I figured out this occurred when I used my Windows 8 Media Pack key to install Add features to Windows 10 Technical Preview, which worked, and now I have the Media Center installed, but in the lower right hand of my desktop it say Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center Evaluation copy Build 9841

hopefully MS will put out an update to fix this.

I read this somewhere, only reason I hadn't entered my feature key yet. Its no big deal, as I have only noticed the personalization needing windows activated which is broke anyways. I assume somewhere it thinks its activated because of the feature key, but its not truly activated. Having Media Center is probably better than a borked Personalization.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers