problem with Windows 10 (but I still like it)

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
i used Windows 10 for about 3 hours, then I started to dislike something:
1. you couldn't randomly placing tile
- I don't know why but it just doesn't work, I want to make a column of tile in large, a column in small, but those small just compact together. And I couldn't make an 'eye'. (1 medium tile surrounded by tiny tiles)
2. screen resolution only 1024x768
- My screen display are up to 1366x768, but it just give me 1 option, I have no choice to enjoy wide-displayed ugly text and other.
3. Windows internal size won't change by Windows border size
- Download 'The Weather Channel', when it require you to type in your place, let it become a small windows, and try to type something, you can't see any word on text field.
4. Windows scroll (Come on Microsoft, why you add scroll controller in scroll controller?)
- If it doesn't happen on you, you are lucky, the app's scroll are covered by windows scroll, i need to scroll a bit to use app's scroll, making it double scroll for nothing.

Although it has cons, but I like these new things:
1. Multi-desktop
- especially for developers or multitasking people, you can switch everything in instance without open and reopen everything
2. Faster speed
- I think I don't need to explain much thing on this.
3. Universal search
- Find everything in One place

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
For 1,3, and 4, make sure to use the feedback app

For 2, try updating your display drivers. Mine did the same thing, but I updated them again and everything worked fine.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The tile thing is the same as it was in windows 8. Tiles are in columns equivalent to one wide tile in width, and each row of these columns must be filled from left to right before you can start a new one. It's annoying and strangely inconsistent with the way it works in Windows Phone.

As for the display issue... Do you have the proper drivers installed for your graphics card? I had to download them manually on my laptop.

The scaling problem is likely tied to your screen resolution problem. Metro apps aren't designed to run at resolutions under 1024X768

I've never seen your last problems, but I suspect that that this also relates back to the screen resolution problem.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
yep most of those visual errors I'm almost 100% sure are because your video driver isnt supported, go to the video cards website and downlaod the latest drivers, it should fix the issue

deejohdumb

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I noticed something somewhat annoying, but see some advantages s well. Lets say on one desktop I have word and excel open, while on the other desktop I have PowerPoint. On the second desktop,I can see that word and excel are open and if I click it it takes me to that desktop, fine. What annoying is, what if I want to open word in the second desktop? I have to right click and force it to open. It would be nice if the desktops were a little more independent.

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
When I first booted up W10 only one of my monitors was working, which was a sign of my graphics drivers messing up, and the screen resolution was set to 1024X768 as default but I could change it to the proper res. Either try reinstalling your Graphics drivers or reboot your computer.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I noticed something somewhat annoying, but see some advantages s well. Lets say on one desktop I have word and excel open, while on the other desktop I have PowerPoint. On the second desktop,I can see that word and excel are open and if I click it it takes me to that desktop, fine. What annoying is, what if I want to open word in the second desktop? I have to right click and force it to open. It would be nice if the desktops were a little more independent.
You can also shift+click on taskbar items to open a new window. I do find it a little odd how the multiple desktop thing is handled, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)