Having Windows 10 preview sound problems?

mikek729

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I just upgraded yesterday from 8.1 to 10 build 240 and am experiencing the same audio issues with realtek. Distorted staticky sound. Attempted uninstall of drivers multiple times with restarts to no avail. Checked event viewer and found the following error listed after each driver reinstall: Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{f51c38bb-867c-4771-8fff-93292ebb214d} could not be migrated.

Could this be a migration issue from 8.1? I assume there is no fix at this point so will just have to put up with this until a fix is released?

Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{264B15C2-D970-46A3-BC10-4AB074F8AE95}

kurozeitsuki

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I had the same problem, but now it's fixed.

My step was:
1. rigt click on the sound icon
2. after I selected the playback device
3. Click on your speaker icon (it can be realtalk)
4. Select property
5. Go to advanced statistique or advanced setting (i dont really know how is setup in english im a french :')
6. Changed your d?fault format and press ''test'' until you find one that work.

That's how i resolved my audio problem. Hope this will help you and sorry for my grammar english it's not my first language :)

Isa Gimenez

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys.

So, I have the same problem that some of you have. No sound at all.

First I tried to install the driver that NIVIDIA recommended:
prob2.jpg

It won't work, so I tried to use realtek high defenition audio drivers for windows 7/8/8.1/10
prob6.jpg

Still not working, what shows to me is this:
prob0.jpg

Can someone help me? I already tried everything.... There is no crash or any kind of error, everything is working just fine, but not the sound...

murso74

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
LG monitor using HDMI and no sound. when i try and test the connection it keeps telling me that another program is using it and to close it, but i've closed everything. tried from chrome and spotify. bluetooth sound works

Mike Foster3

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Having the same problem, but it's specifically with streaming. When the audio 'craps' out, my whole computer reboots from a BSOD Not_lesser_or_equal...

Alex Kephart

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
why did i install this?

i installed windows 10 to keep up with our ever so growing advances in technology. Only to find that my laptop built in microphone is broken and that i have the artificial intelligence cortana from the halo video game series in the bottom left part of my screen. Also this Microsoft edge thing. AKA Bing. yes i have updated my audio drivers for my mic, but to no avail. i knew coming into this windows 10 would be a bit buggy but really? my computer built in mic?.... should've stayed with windows 8.

Drennix Guerrero

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
uhm do you have any suggestions for this problem:Example I set my volume to 75 it starts out playing right but it later sounds like it has a lower volume...This problem occurs with or without a headset.This also started when I upgraded to win 10

alexsinev

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
ASUS Z87I-PRO motherboard sound issue after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 (64 bit, release).

I found out that the latest Realtek driver R2.79 works only until you don't touch the volume control. After touching the volume control the driver ceases to work permanently. Reinstallation of the driver helps until you don't touch the volume control again. I downgraded the Realtek driver to v6.0.1.7354 (the last one installed in my win 7) and it's working fine now.

Samara Gooch

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm also having problems with audio since today. have had no issues until a few hours ago but all of a sudden i can not hear the audio on locally stored video files. I've tried different programs- with no joy. i can hear streamed audio without any problems. i also can hear a clicking noise when switching tabs and such. I'm gonna have to go back to my old windows if this isn't fixed asap :(

AmazingWorldTub

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
ASUS Z87I-PRO motherboard sound issue after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 (64 bit, release).

I found out that the latest Realtek driver R2.79 works only until you don't touch the volume control. After touching the volume control the driver ceases to work permanently. Reinstallation of the driver helps until you don't touch the volume control again. I downgraded the Realtek driver to v6.0.1.7354 (the last one installed in my win 7) and it's working fine now.

Hi, where can I find v6.0.1.7354 ?

Maha Ram

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I too had a similar issue, but that issue was solved with a simple step.

Go to the Speakers in control panels and change the Quality to 16bit. It should be on the lowest quality or lowest quality. Test using the test button next to this and you will be able to find that the noise would be gone and the speaker system works as before. Attached is the image of the same. Hope this helps.

Sound-Problem.jpg

Lena Vosatko

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Maha Ram - tried it and it did not work for me.. also, we shouldn't have to change our sound quality because of the new update. thanks for the suggestion though

Lena Vosatko

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
and I also have the same problem. upgraded to w10 today and my sound stopped working. first I thought it was just my computer but I went back to w7 and the sound worked perfectly. so it's for sure a w10 error.. would just really appreciate it if there was a solution for it too.

SnookyMicdana

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I too am experiencing Sound issues since upgrading to Windows 10. If i play music/youtube vidoes at a low volume everything seems ok. However if I proceed to turn the volume up so that the music/videos are easier to hear, the sound becomes very distorted. Oddly watching films on my laptop still seem to work perfectly. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as its quite annoying.

Many Thanks

:smile:

ecosynchronous

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
i turn game volume down to listen to youtube videos in the background.

every video has a periodic "zzz"t in it, whether i am playing a game or not-- like it temporarily slows slightly every ten seconds or so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven