Having Windows 10 preview sound problems?

Ovidiu Adrian

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Too much problems with this Windows 10 , I got it 2-3 mounths ago and now I can't go back to my original version of Windows 7 , why? It's too late?

johnwinkmsft

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey, sorry I've been absent!

The combination of Build 10049 and Realtek drivers 6.0.1.7458 or later work for *most* people. There are a very few configs that need 6.0.1.7488, which I'm not sure is on Windows Update just yet (I'm off today, so don't have access to that info).

If you're having trouble with this combination please let me know as it should be solid.

Thanks!

John W [MSFT]

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey, sorry I've been absent!

The combination of Build 10049 and Realtek drivers 6.0.1.7458 or later work for *most* people. There are a very few configs that need 6.0.1.7488, which I'm not sure is on Windows Update just yet (I'm off today, so don't have access to that info).

If you're having trouble with this combination please let me know as it should be solid.

Thanks!

John W [MSFT]

Hi John! All these people talk about sound problems with Realtek, but my Firewire audio interface is seriously broken since Build 10041. There seems to be a problem with the sample rate. I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and I got it (kind of) working by installing the legacy Firewire driver - but then the sample rate is jumping like crazy between 44.1, 88.2 and 96 kHz. If I'm fast enough I can get it to stop at 44.1 kHz (it's in the settings app of my interface, "Saffire Mixcontrol") - then it works. But only till the next restart of Windows

geniusonboard

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you jonwinkmsft for pointing out there is a .7488 driver, Googled it and installed. Finally, I can adjust the volume past 42 when the headphones are plugged in.

johnwinkmsft

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site

Musicalife

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting crackling sounds when an alert happens and in general.

I'm running 10 on a Ionovo with an i7-4700HQ 2.4ghz core, 8gb ram and a 1tb HD.
Realtek driver.

lordrobson

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Yes I am have no sound at all and the speaker icon was showing with an x by it. I was advised to delete the sound device and its driver and that Windows 10 would find the proper one - umm it DIDN'T! Please can you advise a suitable device to download c/w driver? Build number 10041

Best regards

David:unhappy:

Last edited:

CriusMac

May 6, 2015
Visit site
None of the drivers for the Realtek audio worked, and I even downloaded the 6.0.1.7497 version which stated it worked with Windows 10.
Eventually, I noticed in the control panel the sound icon, and upon opening it noticed 2 different speakers on my Creative SB Audigy 4. The Creative SB Audigy 4 (WDM) speakers were not being used, but setting them as the default speakers put a green check mark on them, and got me sound.

Last edited:

Wade_D_Wilson

May 7, 2015
Visit site
So I have a Sony Vaio laptop that is less than a year old. Just updated to windows 10 build 10074. My sound is there but there is alot of distortion and it is a realtek sound card. so any info on fixing this would be very helpful.

MKenster

May 30, 2015
Visit site
created an account to help you out a bit.
I receive the problem also, where the audio after I random period of time just 'craps' out. When opening the volume mixer, the audio device that I'm using is still there, along with all the applications, however none of them show as playing any sound. Opening task manager, and restarting the service 'Audiosrv' fixes the problem, however I have to reopen all programs that are making sound. Note that this only happens after a fairly long period of time as I'm one of those people that never restart their PC, it happens after about one - two days of being on.

I hope some of this info helps!

djjt52

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I have Lenovo Y50-70 and Windows 10 - build 10130. My problem is that internal subwoofer doesn't work. Front speakers work properly. I've tried to reinstall audio driver few times with various versions but it didn't help.

Thanks

Xavi Eorl

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone from Spain :D

Just installed win10 in my physic pc (i used to try it in vmware) and all was wright. Reboot my machine and ZAS! no audio and **** graphics. I think is problem from HDMI controllers or something like that.

Build 10130, graphic controller Nvidia GT610

xyz dio

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
W10 build - 10162 audio is completly broken. My configuration for audio is 2x crossfire radeon 280x connected via hdmi do av receiver pioneer sc-2023 issues im having are:
- no 5.1 sound with 24-bit 192000Hz
- no sound at all (on build 1030 stereo was working)
- sometimes i can get stereo running but only when i choose stereo and sampling rate 16bit - 48000Hz (i need to switch several times bettwen different sampling rates to get it to work) and everytime i try to test audio with settings better than mentioned above i get "can`t play test sound". The hdmi output is detected correctly.
- if im trying to run movie with dts, dd audio with pass-trought option system freezes completly

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
For the past few builds my laptop's headphone jack wont do any sound. Works fine using the internal speakers, but I can only get headphones to work if I switch the realtek device to using the default windows high definition audio driver. Only problem with that is windows update will continually reinstall the realtek drivers each time I switch back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs