Having Windows 10 preview sound problems?

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i am, my sound randomly cuts out and clips. especially when watching videos. My sound drivers also completely disappear when i start up cubase. Hopefully some updates acknowledge this soon.

Giffdev

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, thanks for creating this thread. Wanted to let you know that we're listening and I've forwarded this thread to some of our audio-experts so you should see them chiming in shortly to gather more info

johnwinkmsft

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Are these clips stored locally, on a network share, or streaming from the internet? It'd be great if you could send me a DxDiag to "mediaq at Microsoft dot com".

Also, what specifically happens when your sound drivers disappear when you start Cubase? Do they disappear from Device Manager completely, or are they there but no sound comes out?

Thanks!

John W [MSFT]

johnwinkmsft

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Same Here audio clip and cut on deezer via the store and from New RetroArcade bolth via hdmi and Realtek hd driver but work great in 8.1

We're aware of the problem with Deezer, but thanks for bringing it up. We've been trying to work this out for a couple of weeks, and we're getting in touch with the folks at Deezer about getting this fixed.

John W [MSFT]

johnwinkmsft

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
When the sound craps out, do you see any other symptoms? Some of the possibilities I'm tracking right now include:

- The volume control itself locks up
- AudioDG occasionally crashes (not seeing that much since 9879)
- AudioDG starts to expand, taking up an inordinate amount of RAM (rare, but possible)
- Audiosrv (Windows Audio Service) stops

If any of these is happening it'd be great to know, and I'll ask you for some additional info to help us troubleshoot. Thanks!

John W [MSFT]

johnwinkmsft

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
i am, my sound randomly cuts out and clips. especially when watching videos. My sound drivers also completely disappear when i start up cubase. Hopefully some updates acknowledge this soon.

Are these clips stored locally, on a network share, or streamed from the internet? Are you seeing similar playback issues in the video stream as well, or is video smooth with only the audio having trouble?

Also, what do you mean when you say your sound drivers completely disappear when you run Cubase? Do they disappear from Device Manager, or are they there but audio stops working?

Thanks!

John W [MSFT]

Mateusz Derlecki

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
In my case after fresh insallation of the newest build sound wors for let's say 30 minutes then it the only thing I can hear are random distortions. Reboot doesn't help.

johnwinkmsft

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi Mateusz,

Two questions:

1. Is your audio Realtek?
2. Does Windows Update indicate that a driver was updated around the time it failed?

If yes to either (or both) then the good news is, we're working on it. :) If the answer is no, we should dig in more. Let me know.

Thanks!

John W [MSFT]

Jesus Davalos

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
My sound was working perfectly with windows 10 preview but after the new update for win10 my sound keeps distorting and I have already tried to reboot but that didn't help.

John Steele1

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey, my audio is Realtek and I get a really loud distortion and after about 10-15 minutes after a reboot my sound starts to come back but it sounds really robotic and distorted and anytime I open a new video and website that has sound to it I get this really loud distorting sound.

johnwinkmsft

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Yup, we're aware that the Realtek audio is having issues. One crazy idea (please try at your own risk!) is to install the June 2010 DirectX redist. I'm not suggesting this as any kind of solution, but if you want to give it a try as a troubleshooting step I'd love to hear the results. (I can't reproduce this problem on my Realtek-based machine, unfortunately.)

johnwinkmsft

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't know all the possibilities, I really wish I could reproduce this issue to try it myself. I'm almost sure it'll break your display driver though, forcing you back to the Microsoft Basic Display Driver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb