New touchpad gestures do not work

kokola95

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I cant get the new gestures work on my touchpad.
Im using Sony Vaio Pro 13

Am i the only one who cant get it work?

Cheers!

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You are not the only one. It doesn't work on my HP EliteBook. I am not sure if it is an issue with my Synaptics driver or not.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Setting area check...

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

Tap or click PC and devices, and then tap or click Mouse and touchpad.

If you see Your PC has a precision touchpad under the Touchpad section, your PC has a precision touchpad.

...and can use new gestures (they require precision touchpad)

On my Vaio nothing shows up under touch pad.

zikifer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't see anything under Mouse and Touchpad settings that says "Your PC has a precision touchpad" but the 3-finger gestures all work fine for me (Surface Pro 3 w/ type cover).

I do wish they were different though, or at least configurable. 3-finger left/right should be "switch desktop", and 3-finger up should be "full screen".

anon(8012792)

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I finally got them working under device settings go on to mouse and then additional mouse settings then touchpad and options and click or unclick what ever gestures u want

theblackreaper

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
you guys should check your laptop manufacturers website they all should have the updated drivers for windows10 i have an asus laptop a i got my asus smart gesture program
... hope this helps.:wink:

ihsan martasuwita

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
sony and vaio is little bit slow in that kind of things. just few days before Windows 10 release I got notification from Sony telling me not to upgrade. they said that they will provide the highly need driver update for PC that comes with Windows 8.1 Preinstalled on September 2015, while PC with Windows 8 Preinstalled will received the updated driver on November 2015.
What a shame, I thought this were supposed to be done, days before. considering microsoft already seeding the insider built long ago, and also the RTM built to OEM months ago :eck:

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I Could not get my synaptics touchpad settings to save after a restart.I reverted to the earlier driver from 8.1.It now works,but you have to stop windows from automatically downloading and installing the new one.

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I Could not get my synaptics touchpad settings to save after a restart.I reverted to the earlier driver from 8.1.It now works,but you have to stop windows from automatically downloading and installing the new one.

That's weird. Mine work perfectly fine with the latest drivers from Synaptics.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
That's weird. Mine work perfectly fine with the latest drivers from Synaptics.

They worked great when you want the gestures.When I changed the settings to turn them off, They stayed on again after reboot. Others have reported similar problems on other forums

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
They worked great when you want the gestures.When I changed the settings to turn them off, They stayed on again after reboot. Others have reported similar problems on other forums

After you said that I tested this. There are only two gestures checked (Pinch zoom and rotate). I unchecked both and rebooted. Both where still unchecked. I then checked them again and rebooted. Both where checked. So for me, it is working properly. I guess I got lucky that it works.

jamjesper08

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
my laptop is toshiba and i finally found an answer to this problem. so whenever you are putting ur laptop on sleep mode, the touch pad will turn off automaticallym so when awake, just use the FN F5 or FN F9 to enable it again.. hope i have answered the problem for some.:grincry::grincry::grincry:

DenialSystem

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
kokola95: Were you able to solve the problem by now? I've got the same problem, windows multi touch gestures won't work for my sony vaio pro 13. Sony support told me that they dont care at all about windows 10 and that they only support the exact windows version that was preinstalled on the device when buying it (Windows 8 pro). I've looked around for third party software to be able to use task view with three fingers up gesture -the synaptics clickpad apparently meets the requirements- but i couldn't find any that worked. I'm never going to buy a sony product ever again anyway, mainly because of the extremely bad customer support, but I'd highly appreciate any software tips or workarounds that would allow me to use task view via multitouch gesture.

ArUn reVealEd

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Setting area check...

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

Tap or click PC and devices, and then tap or click Mouse and touchpad.

If you see Your PC has a precision touchpad under the Touchpad section, your PC has a precision touchpad.

...and can use new gestures (they require precision touchpad)

On my Vaio nothing shows up under touch pad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon