Win10 Desktop am i missing something

shamrockhead

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I have desktop running Windows 10 Preview. Previously I was on 8.1, which ho hum ho hum I had to accept after the demise of XP. I use mouse and keyboard. To be perfectly honest im wondering what all the fuss is about. I thought win10 was going to be a completely new experience, but so far im still trying to find something really new....... from 8.1.
Please tell me what im failing to note.....
I find myself wanting to use my little laptop running vista. Yes I know.... Vista......
I understand that everything has to have an App Store these days (thank you MrAppleJob). And I understand it stops rubbish software with memory leaks written by some third parties that couldn't be bothered to even complete cs50 or whatever, etc. But but but please tell me why win10 is so brilliant.
Thank you

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have desktop running Windows 10 Preview. Previously I was on 8.1, which ho hum ho hum I had to accept after the demise of XP. I use mouse and keyboard. To be perfectly honest im wondering what all the fuss is about. I thought win10 was going to be a completely new experience, but so far im still trying to find something really new....... from 8.1.
Please tell me what im failing to note.....
I find myself wanting to use my little laptop running vista. Yes I know.... Vista......
I understand that everything has to have an App Store these days (thank you MrAppleJob). And I understand it stops rubbish software with memory leaks written by some third parties that couldn't be bothered to even complete cs50 or whatever, etc. But but but please tell me why win10 is so brilliant.
Thank you

what your missing is the fact that your running a pre release focused on enterprise. You clearly read nothing when you were signing up for the insider program, and I suggest you should leave it.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Did you miss the word preview in the name? You are running an early beta (closer to alpha) meant for enterprise and other testing that is feature incomplete. I think the various disclaimers and qualifiers from Microsoft say it all. If you cannot be bothered to do your own homework I don't know what anyone here can do to help. You are ranting about a technical preview that isn't even close to complete and will not be for months. Personally, the frequency of these comments makes it clear they should have restricted access to the desired audience.....

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Did you miss the word preview in the name? You are running an early beta (closer to alpha) meant for enterprise and other testing that is feature incomplete. I think the various disclaimers and qualifiers from Microsoft say it all. If you cannot be bothered to do your own homework I don't know what anyone here can do to help. You are ranting about a technical preview that isn't even close to complete and will not be for months. Personally, the frequency of these comments makes it clear they should have restricted access to the desired audience.....

Your a loser Stephan.....your arrogance and disrespectful attitude.....no...YOU go elsewhere

NNow are you watching.....like a little child,let me show you how to reply to the original poster....take notes now

OP....the win 10 has Microsoft,by force,adding things like start menu to desktop....but your right....there isn't much difference....because Microsoft is still shoving the metro/mobile apps on to the start screen.....and making things more difficult
in the orginal folder views...like the "Busy" "Ribbon" ....because they want it to appear more complicated...in order to force people to go to metro style.....just because they dangle a carrot here and there.....dont fall for it.
..your only decision is to make your changes to the OS manually....or download 3rd party software....that forces "modern.....what a bunch of crap" apps to not show up in start menu or desktop.....and when you do want to click on mobile apps.....only mobile apps show up their.....not regular desktop applications

And guess where I use mobile/modern" ....apps.......on my "MOBILE" OS..........guess where I use desktop software/applications......you guessed it,my desktop OS

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Your a loser Stephan.....your arrogance and disrespectful attitude.....no...YOU go elsewhere

NNow are you watching.....like a little child,let me show you how to reply to the original poster....take notes now

OP....the win 10 has Microsoft,by force,adding things like start menu to desktop....but your right....there isn't much difference....because Microsoft is still shoving the metro/mobile apps on to the start screen.....and making things more difficult
in the orginal folder views...like the "Busy" "Ribbon" ....because they want it to appear more complicated...in order to force people to go to metro style.....just because they dangle a carrot here and there.....dont fall for it.
..your only decision is to make your changes to the OS manually....or download 3rd party software....that forces "modern.....what a bunch of crap" apps to not show up in start menu or desktop.....and when you do want to click on mobile apps.....only mobile apps show up their.....not regular desktop applications

And guess where I use mobile/modern" ....apps.......on my "MOBILE" OS..........guess where I use desktop software/applications......you guessed it,my desktop OS

lol

Keith Brooks

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
You have to remember Windows 10 is still a early beta. Features for non-business user's (home user's) isn't coming for at least 3 more days. They're holding a Windows 10 event on Wednesday. It should be mostly about the Windows 10 Consumer Preview, which has alot of change's from the Windows 10 Technical Preview. Technical Preview was mostly for businesses and IT.

shamrockhead

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

Thank you

shamrockhead

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
You have to remember Windows 10 is still a early beta. Features for non-business user's (home user's) isn't coming for at least 3 more days. They're holding a Windows 10 event on Wednesday. It should be mostly about the Windows 10 Consumer Preview, which has alot of change's from the Windows 10 Technical Preview. Technical Preview was mostly for businesses and IT.

Thank you

shamrockhead

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

Yup, true, should have read the small print, but I was just relieved to replace 8.1 from my desktop
xxx

starski5000

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Wow... This guy likes his

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Yep, if you do a Bing search for "Head of Difficult UI, Redmond" you'll find the job advert where they hired the manager of a team of 250 engineers solely working on making the UI more complicated.

Or maybe not.

Maybe all of the information text about expecting big changes to the unfinished UI that they put on the screen before people can download the Windows 10 Technical Preview (note "Technical", not "Final UI Layout and theme that is an art student's wet dream") wasn't put there just for the fun of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05