Windows 10 Transparent Tiles on Phones

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Well now I need to find all the older threads and tell the people that the w10 UI is better than what some concepts showed. Now I want, maybe need the developer preview to make my Lumia 920 even better.

Great mail 📮, photos apps and calendar 📅

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure if I prefer the WP8.1 look or the Windows 10 look on phones. I love the background images on my 930, plus with an AMOLED screen, black bits help with your battery. But the Windows 10 preview images look fantastic. Can't wait to give it a shot!

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm excited for Windows 10. Didn't think I would be, but I really am. For all my Microsoft devices. So many awesome things shown today.
I've also been reinvigorated to work on building apps, especially for the Hololens!

aldofarias82

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I just wonder if the build for preview will be somewhat finished or a very early beta. I know it wont be like the 8.X series but we can only hope for the best. My 1020 is ready to give it a try

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 - Microsoft Windows

Windows.com has a new page for Windows 10 that shows a phone with a background and transparent tiles on the Start Screen.

Thanks for that. I was really hoping that would not be going away, but one of the articles posted earlier showed pics without them which got me to wondering. Actually, from the pic on that website, it looks like they might have even improved it by removing the black or white lines between tiles and just letting the background image show through. Again, thanks a ton.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion