Malware in latest build 9926?

sladyrko

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I just installed the latest build 9926 and after installing first mozilla, chrome and last pass and flash player I installed Malwarebytes and I decided why not to scan.. And it found Malware in 20 mins old Windows 10.. So it will be good to do the same and see do you get the same.. I deleted the malware but it was something windows/key..... vhost... (don't remember it).. And after you check it please share if you have the same discovery :)

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Um.... You probably shouldn't have deleted that. I'm not surprised that an AV software would detect brand new Windows code as malware.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Why are you running software not certified for Windows 10, and in this case from the class of applications almost guaranteed to not work properly, and believing it is giving you accurate results? Since you don't know what you deleted, it is as likely you removed something related to beta testing response as anything else. False positives exist even on a certified OS. Running on a beta makes that prospect even more likely. If you install a new OS and 20 minutes later you are told there is a malware problem, that should be a red flag about the security program rather than the OS.

Chuck Foltz

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Not quite sure what you found. For candy and sugar I installed Malware Bytes and updated. Ran a scan and came up with nothing. It did find 2 registry keys that claimed Security.Hijack but they are not. They are 2 keys related to Windows 10malware.PNG.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3