Hey! Cortana constant CPU use

ausidog

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I've been monitoring my task manager and the Hey! Cortana system process uses about 12-15% of my CPU resulting in a total idle CPU usage of around 30% whenever it is activated. Granted, I'm running W10 CP on my 1st/2nd gen Asus Netbook (single core, 1.5ghz max processor). So, I doubt the usage will be as significant on a more modern machine. I just thought it was good info to get out there. If you're using as ancient a machine as I am, you would do well to turn it off.

FYI, When I turn it off, the process goes away and my total idle usage falls to around 5-8%. So, it may also be using some other background processes.

ZackTheNever

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank goodness im not the only one. I even disabled it but something still seems to be eating at my CPU, im using 98% currently on a 1.3Ghz processor, I know its not much, but it was never this bad. I find ton of lag in the start menu, moving tiles, the notification center, and opening Cortana search.

EDIT: Its back down to around 20% on average now, guess it took a bit to completely disable the Hey Cortana setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05