Windows 10 for Phones will finally have native Timer app!!!

ausidog

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Check out the new Alarms app in Windows 10 Consumer Preview. They got rid of the app design from Windows 8.1 and replaced it with the app from the present Windows Phone 8.1. The only difference is that they added a native timer app! This is one of the most ridiculous missing features from WP8/8.1. It's insane that they've gone this long without a real Timer, and most of the 3rd party apps don't cut the mustard.

I'm SOOOOO glad that Windows 10 for Phones will have a timer now!!! It was embarrassing to borrow my wife's iPhone to set a timer for the oven.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
is it an universal app? otherwise it could be that there are specific versions for desktop and phone and the phone version might not get the native timer

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the timer app from windows 8.1. I use it daily for cooking and works wonderfully with the big turning dials. Feels modern and metro.

The native windows phone 8.1 app could be improved yes. It is not true there are no third party apps that don't cut it. True the native timer app could be improved a lot. For windows phone 8.1 is use Countdown version 1.9.4.0 by mario donhauser. I use it on a daily basis, especially while cooking, and it is a very feature rich and powerful timer app, even the live tiles and hidden functionalities are nice. It meets all my needs and is a good experience on my lumia 1520.

Kayrune

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Not true i live in New Zealand and i get Cortana to work perfectly

Still 95% of the World has to "trick" their phone into believing it's in the U.S. to get the best version of Cortana.

Even basic features like setting an alarm or set the phone to be quiet at night.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Check out the new Alarms app in Windows 10 Consumer Preview. They got rid of the app design from Windows 8.1 and replaced it with the app from the present Windows Phone 8.1. The only difference is that they added a native timer app! This is one of the most ridiculous missing features from WP8/8.1. It's insane that they've gone this long without a real Timer, and most of the 3rd party apps don't cut the mustard.

I'm SOOOOO glad that Windows 10 for Phones will have a timer now!!! It was embarrassing to borrow my wife's iPhone to set a timer for the oven.
You do know you can download a timer app? You don't have to borrow an iPhone.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I really hate the design of the current Win10 timer/clock/stopwatch app.
It is horrible.
The 8.1 version with the colorful circles and stuf was amazing, so I hope they change their mind.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yawn, been using a Timer app called "Easy Timer" from day one getting a WP7 device, it works, it runs in the background and I have never missed anything, use it for cooking. As for the Alarm in Windows Phone 8.1, nothing wrong with it, I use it every morning to get up for work.

Like I said, yawn, it will have to really impress me to replace what I have been using, because the stuff I have....Just works and works great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3