The horrible, horrible icons

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
screen_shot_2015-01-23_at_3.10.02_pm.jpg

Did the job of designing the icons go to a disgruntled employee or Satya Nadella's niece?

Attachments

• windows-10-tech-preview-build-9879-2.png
    windows-10-tech-preview-build-9879-2.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say they are "horrible", but I don't like at all some of them and also think they don't look professional at all. Imo the "This PC" for example is very ugly and inappropriate.
Tastes, tastes, tastes... But I have to say I was very surprised (and disappointed) when I discover them.

Jan Ernemyr

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
sorry to say , but to me, it looks like its children that have drawn the Icons (manner to the style) they're a bit too simple for my taste.
but I will survive.
/ just my five cents

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
They look like they were drawn between episodes of and inspired by the Simpsons.
As long as it works I won't complain, but if I can choose, I say give me 'Minority Report', not 'Margery Simpson's childhood coloring book' 😉

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I also think they are ugly, but i don't think it is because of the colors.

I actually think the colors are what make them so bad. The bold colors look great in Metro/Modern, but it's kind of jarring in this context. If they toned that down a bit, I wouldn't mind them at all.

Sekyal

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Some of them are fine, but some just went too simple I think. It just feels out of place, especially where some are a straight on view and others like This PC are slightly sideways.
In the end the icons don't matter much, just matters so you understand what they represent - which will take time.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping that all of these are just placeholders for the real icons that will come with the official release. For preview and functionality purposes, and to get this build out to the people quicker, maybe they just stuck these "Windows Classic" style icons there for the time being... Yeah, I'll go with that! ;)

Avik Biswas

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon