Hey cortana not working in windows 10 TP

Pranesh Bala

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I installed windows 10 TP and Cortana is working fine but even if 'Hey Cortana' option enabled, it is not working. anyone having similar issue or Any solution or workaround for this problem? Thanks in advance.

Chris-Simmons

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. Everything else about Cortana is working fine except for "Hey, Cortana".

I'm really impressed at how well she understands me though, I've been pretty much mumbling at her some times and she still gets what I'm saying. Makes me really excited for when I can just get her attention by name and ask her to do something. :smile:

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if you guys have tried this but on Windows 10 when you use Hey Cortana it's instant unlike for the phone. For instance, on the phone you would say "Hey Cortana" and wait for a prompt then say "what's the weather like." On Windows 10 you would just say " Hey Cortana what's the weather like."

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I've gotten Cortana to respond, she opens bing up well enough, but she won't open any apps (Keeps asking "Which app would you like me to open?" "Music" "Which app would you like me to open?"), or send an email ("Sorry,I can't find any email accounts").

I just got a reminder to work, but as the known issues predicted, the first one didn't go through.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos