WINDOWS 10 on XP.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded 64Bit version of ISO on my XP, I used DAEMON to mount it + WinRAR, in both I successfully got the setup file, but whenever I opened it this message shown up:
THIS is not a valid win32 app.

any help, thanks!

Last edited:

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
That you're not a pro is not a problem, we're here to help out anyway ;)

This is quite clearly announced actually. Only WIN7 and 8 can update to WIN10 TP, all earlier OS version must do a clean install. SO you need to boot from the ISO by burning a DVD or a bootable USB

You can use the Microsoft USB/DVD tool to create a USB stick you can boot from or you can use a tool like Rufus.. The latter will be required if you want to create an UEFI bootable USB..

This will erase all data on the disc you install to so make sure you either use a separate disc of have backups.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
That you're not a pro is not a problem, we're here to help out anyway ;)

This is quite clearly announced actually. Only WIN7 and 8 can update to WIN10 TP, all earlier OS version must do a clean install. SO you need to boot from the ISO by burning a DVD or a bootable USB

You can use the Microsoft USB/DVD tool to create a USB stick you can boot from or you can use a tool like Rufus.. The latter will be required if you want to create an UEFI bootable USB..

This will erase all data on the disc you install to so make sure you either use a separate disc of have backups.

I read about UEFI, it's better than the previous one, right??
What is UEFI? - Windows Help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers