Windows 10 ( phone) : How Many of You guys are Excited about Windows 10??

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys I saw Some Photos and Details of windows 10 for phones, and i got so excited now about the preview Build for windows 10 and i want to know how many of you ( My Buddies) are on the same Boat as me :)

Come on Pals !!

Mike Waechter

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Very little detail was leaked outside of a few screenshots. I can't make an argument either way. The biggest issue will be addressing the UI for six inch phones. They need to allow for UI customization, especially as the browser input field should be right above the keyboard for larger phones I.e. Open the keyboard via a charm and type the address bar or input field above the keyboard. Customize UI and better browser support would go a long way. I could talk about all the issues with email, office, apps but those should already be on the forefront of development within Microsoft.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It's not a big jump from 8.1.
I only see a few changes.

Background images
New settings design
New office.

Even those 3 aren't something outstanding.
But I still can't wait for the update.

nomanquadri

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

Background images
New settings design
New office.

I'd be more than happy even if the ones that were displayed in the event were the only changes in Windows 10. But it doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't any other major changes, maybe they weren't just ready at that time and hopefully with future builds we get to see some more new features/changes.

Last edited:

Yogesh Malhotra

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

Background images
New settings design
New office.

New messaging integration Skype
Updated Action Centre
Universal apps
Reply from toast notification
Cortana improvement
Spartan - new browser
And may be some more will come in future updates.

cool8man

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
At this point I'm more worried than excited. Don't see a lot of the things I liked about Windows Phone and Windows 8 carrying over into tablets and phones.

Phone is turning into a crappy version of Android without the apps. Hamburger button, mystery meat buttons, and controls at top of the screen are all cause for concern on Windows phones. Tablet is regressing back to the TabletPC days where tablet touch usage was just an afterthought that was clunky as hell to use. If you like using Windows with touch devices there's a lot to be worried about right now.

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I still can't understand why MS hadn't revealed anything more about the phone ... Nobody knows about the rumored features like OTG and wifi-direct. We need to know more before getting the update.

Albany Park

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
At this point I'm more worried than excited. Don't see a lot of the things I liked about Windows Phone and Windows 8 carrying over into tablets and phones.

Phone is turning into a crappy version of Android without the apps. Hamburger button, mystery meat buttons, and controls at top of the screen are all cause for concern on Windows phones. Tablet is regressing back to the TabletPC days where tablet touch usage was just an afterthought that was clunky as hell to use. If you like using Windows with touch devices there's a lot to be worried about right now.

I really don't think it is that bad! A lot of useful features coming in Windows 10 (integrated Skype, quick access toolbar buttons, improved notification centre etc).

Albany Park

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Updated Action Centre
Universal apps
Cortana improvement
Spartan - new browser

Hi Yogesh,

I'd be very grateful if you could clarify this for me. The new integrated skype messaging service....does this mean I can send SMS texts (via my carrier and NOT a Skype paid subscription) from my computer? Also, does this mean when someone sends me an SMS I will receive it on the Skype platform on my computer?

I'm really looking for a way to send and receive SMS via my computer. Before getting a L735 I was using Android and had MightyText which I found excellent. I send a lot of messages and long ones for my work and IM services are not always the best way forward for me.

Thanks!

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Updated Action Centre
Universal apps
Cortana improvement
Spartan - new browser

I knew there'd be someone to "correct" me.
I'm not saying you're wrong, though.
Yes, those features will be in W10, I was too lazy to write down all of them.
But still, how big are they. It sure is better than nothing, but it's not as big as I thought it's gonna be.

The updated action center is almost bad. They just added more unnecessary buttons to make it more Androidy, and removed the "All settings button" (which was one of the best things about the action center), and replaced it with some other thing (I can't remember).

Universal apps - yeah, they're trying to make that a thing since W8. Still hasn't lift off.

Toast reply - It's nice, I can't lie, but as I said, not a big thing.

Cortana improvements - I can't remember any. Also it's still not a big thing.

Spartan browser - ehh..again nothing special. Also we still don't know what it's gonna be. I know they "fixed" IE in one GDR, and that fix made it ultra-useless.

Upgrading is, without doubt, gonna be better than staying on WP8.1, but MS needs big things to change the game.

Hi Yogesh,

I'd be very grateful if you could clarify this for me. The new integrated skype messaging service....does this mean I can send SMS texts (via my carrier and NOT a Skype paid subscription) from my computer? Also, does this mean when someone sends me an SMS I will receive it on the Skype platform on my computer?

I'm really looking for a way to send and receive SMS via my computer. Before getting a L735 I was using Android and had MightyText which I found excellent. I send a lot of messages and long ones for my work and IM services are not always the best way forward for me.

Thanks!

No, that's not gonna happen. Maybe one day, but that day is not today.
For now, all that has happened is that Skype and Messaging are one app, and from that app you can send both SMSes and Skype messages.
Nothing changed on the PC, nothing changed elsewhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium