No Modern Internet Explorer and OneDrive Apps in Windows 10?

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Quick question - Just installed TP on my Surface Pro. Is there really no more Modern Internet Explorer or OneDrive apps? I'm so confused. They aren't installed and can't find them in the store.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe IE is now unified (could be wrong) and I didn't know anything happened to OneDrive, so thats news to me.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
The new "Spartan" browser is replacing the modern IE, its just not available just yet. Currently we have an IE/Spartan test mule. These builds are still very desktop focused if you haven't already realized that.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Yup, the touch and feel of the Modern UI in this 9926 Build is gone. This build is currently a very desktop-centric.
Regrettably,I installed it on my Vivotab Smart tablet, now really miss the Modern UI of Windows 8.1. I am a rabid user of the Modern IE browser, now that it is gone, have to browse using the desktop IE which sucks compared to Chrome or Firefox browsers. Missing my very personally unique Start Screen and all my favorite pinned websites are now dead and useless. Here's hoping the constant build updates will iterate towards a more touch-centric focus. Those old school refused-to-change stubborn desktop users are holding court with MS at the moment. As this is a preview/beta build, I am just hoping for the best of both worlds version will progressively materialized.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05