Will phones with 512MB RAM support Windows 10?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Quoting Lumia Conversations here...

"Does that mean that today?s Lumia devices can be upgraded to Windows 10?

We?re making it as easy as possible to get Windows 10. Windows 10 has been designed to run well on today?s Lumia phones. Like any upgrade to a new platform, not every phone will upgrade or support all possible Windows 10 features, and certain features and experiences will require more advanced future hardware. Our goal is for the majority of the Lumia phones running Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 to join the Windows ecosystem along with an expected hundreds of millions of PCs, tablets and other devices running the next generation of Windows."

Now, where do I stand if I get a 512MB device?

similar statement from Microsoft Lumia Indonesia fans Page on facebook

Hi Akhsan BisTomi, kami sedang membuatnya semudah mungkin untuk mendapatkan Windows 10. Windows 10 telah didesain untuk berjalan dengan baik pada ponsel Lumia saat ini. Seperti upgrade ke sistem operasi baru, tidak semua ponsel akan meng-upgrade atau mendukung semua fitur Windows 10, dan fitur dan pengalaman tertentu akan membutuhkan perangkat keras yang lebih maju. Tujuan kami adalah untuk sebagian besar ponsel Lumia yang menjalankan Windows Phone 8 dan 8.1 untuk bergabung ekosistem Windows bersama dengan ratusan juta diperkirakan PC, tablet dan perangkat lain yang menjalankan generasi Windows selanjutnya.
In English:
Hi Akhsan BisTomi, we're making it as easy as possible to get the Windows 10. Windows 10 has been designed to run well on phones Lumia now. As an upgrade to the new operating system, not all cell phones will upgrade or support all Windows features 10, and certain features and experience will require more advanced hardware. Our goal is for the majority of phones running Windows Phone Lumia 8 and 8.1 to join the Windows ecosystem together with an estimated hundreds of millions of PCs, tablets and other devices that run the Windows next generation

Capture.PNG

now I'm scared :(
they said that windows 10 are designed to run well on current Lumia Devices and but in same statement saying that not all cell phone able to run windows 10

MS really love to give us a ambiguous statement don't they?

Nahuel 1988

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a 8S (512) and a 830 (1024). Both on the same OS version. The 512 MB device is alot slower. Resuming all the time! So yeah on W10, they should kill 512 MB devices.

UptownWebhead

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Because of hardware restrictions some features may be left out, does not mean 512MB devices won't get Windows 10. The main objective of Windows 10 is to run on just about any device. Raspberry Pi is getting Windows 10, Microsoft is certainly capable if scaling down the OS for 512MB Windows Phones.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
i think MS wants to have the biggest number of users running the same new OS ...
they should update every handset ... i have doubts about HTC 8S (my old phone).

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
The Windows Insider app says my Lumia 521 meets the requirements for an install. So I think you will be Fine. You could just wait and see. But 512 Ram will not be the reason I don't think. I would stick with 1Gb ram devices just so you could have more access to high end apps.

Whoops looks like I mis-spoke. It doesn't say my phone meets the requirements it says 'check' to see if your phone meets the requirements. When I click the link it says windows 10 for phones coming soon check back later. So who knows. It's back to the waiting game.

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Sigh, don't you guys read news? They have said at least like 5 times and they're has been about 2-3 stocks saying that ALL Windows Phones will get Windows 10. So that means 512 RAM too. Heck even in the comments of articles people have been dating this.

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
"Like any upgrade to a new platform, not every phone will upgrade or support all possible Windows 10 features, and certain features and experiences will require more advanced future hardware."

Now, where do I stand if I get a 512MB device?

They're basically saying that there are some features that will not work on low end phones like 521 (what a shocker, oh wait.. is not). This thing they said here applies to the recent firmware update Denim. Sure all the Lumias will get it but, do you think the camera of the 521 is able to take 4K video? No. Of course not. So in short, you get what you're device is capable of doing.

Giannis Genesis

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
guys all 512 devices will get windows 10 and they will run it as smooth they run 8.1 they said it already. microsoft cares too much for the low end devices special as 630 and 520 and i dont think they will lose any feature. just the 1gb+ devices will run it even more smooth as they are 8.1, i cant understand your worries about it.....they said it they will do it. they big diffrence of phones with 512 ram and 1gb+ is on the games on windows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99