Driver Trouble

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the preview yesterday and now my laptop thinks it's max display resolution is 640x480 and everything is blown up too big. When I try to download the latest drivers from AMD I can't see the radio buttons so I can't download them. I've tried trashing down to then but that's almost like a blind guess. Any ideas would be appreciated?? The UI looks great n would look even better with the proper resolution

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I did but then in Device Manager it says there's a problem and the weird thing is it downloads both AMD HD 8330 and 8600M???

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
It's a direct result of having a basic display driver in place of the driver built for your card. Best bet is to find the specific make and model of your laptop and visit its support page. Guaranteed to have the display driver for your laptop there.

Being a beta, I don't believe it will install the specific drivers you need. The saving grace here is that if your video card has a working 8/8.1 driver, it will work perfectly with Win 10.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Actually the fix was easier than that, no download required. I just disabled Secure Boot and enabled CSM (legacy mode) and alls well now. Thx everyone that helped and maybe if anyone else had a problem they can try the same thing.

Btw, now o can see the preview with the proper resolution it's an amazing piece of software. I'm really liking the way they've cleaned up settings especially

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720