Windows 10 - How stable is it?

Roger Huston

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I know, it is a tech preview - but is it stable enough to use everyday? What about program compatibility? Most things running? I have an older system, but it runs win 8.1 just fine. I use it for the desktop, so I don't need touch working.

Just wondering if people are using it for more than just a VM at this point.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I put it in a VM. Not crashes or anything but still a little raw. I wouldn't use daily just yet other than to play with in a VM. Wait a couple of months for things to settle more.

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I use it as my daily driver. The latest build, not quite as stable as the one before it. I have high hopes though. I enjoy being on the bleeding edge of Windows and Windows Phone software.

I have zero program compatibility problems, crashes, freezes, lags, hang-ups, or misc major events. My only problem has been WiFi. Running the preview on a Dell Venue Pro 8.

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been on WIN10 from the date the Tech Preview was released and really have no reason to go back. Ran in to a small hitch on the January release which would not allow login to anonymous SAMBA share on my home network but that was a matter of finding the obvious registry entry..

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I use it as my daily driver. The latest build, not quite as stable as the one before it. I have high hopes though. I enjoy being on the bleeding edge of Windows and Windows Phone software.

I have zero program compatibility problems, crashes, freezes, lags, hang-ups, or misc major events. My only problem has been WiFi. Running the preview on a Dell Venue Pro 8.

Same here. Except I'm running it on my custom built PC, and I have had no WiFi, (or any other) issues.

Mihailo Miki

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a lot of problems on it. First I can't open the Start Menu nor Action Centre. Second, I'm not able to open any modern app and finally apps crash by me minimizing them. It definitely feels like an beta.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a lot of problems on it. First I can't open the Start Menu nor Action Centre. Second, I'm not able to open any modern app and finally apps crash by me minimizing them. It definitely feels like an beta.

Me too. Anyway to fix this?

I'm not even sure if I can update the device, as I do t think I am able to reach the update page.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I'm stupid because I took the chance and installed it on my daily driver (the computer I work on) and so far, so good. It runs all my photo programs just fine.

musikHersteller

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Running a Venue Pro 8 -- it's a bit sluggish and not fine-tuned yet. And having some problems with Windows 10 preview and Wi-Fi as a whole on multiple routers.

Windows 10 is going in the right direction (IMHO), but is a bit rough around the edges yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750