Why won't the Start Menu and Cortana work with Build 9926?

XcZachx20

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Start Menu and Cortana won't work with Build 9926

So when I install the new technical preview, everything works until I click on the start menu and cortana/search. clicking on these items has no response. any I can do or will I have to roll back and wait?

Keith Brooks

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Start Menu and Cortana won't work with Build 9926

Run Windows Update. Microsoft released a update yestrday to fix various issues with the newest Windows 10 that was released yesterday. I haven't installed the latest build of 10 yet. I'll be doing it early next month. I'm adding a 2nd bigger ssd next month for my games. I'm gonna reinstall 10 on my current 120gb. ssd that has half my games on it now.Anyway, from what I've heard, that update fixes the start menu and Cortana issues, along with a few other issues.

RichardAZ

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site

I went through the same procedure and eventually got Cortana after some more updating. This build is a big one! Very happy with Windows 10 so far. Compare to where Windows 8 beta was 6 months before release, Windows 10 seems a lot closer to done.

Harishankar T

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem and I got an update.But couldn't find any change after updating

Alec Kong

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

I have issues with Cortana too! Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

XcZachx20

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

Okay so after the update I had to wait like an hour for everything to reinstall (like apps) and then everything started working fine! Windows 10 is mine! Haha

ruidfigueiredo

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with build 10041. The only solution I've found is to reboot and try again. Eventually it works.

I noticed a comment about not installing VirtualBox. Very wise advice, I tried it and the installation got stuck. I tried rebooting, got all sorts of problems after that. Had to re-install windows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12