What's up with IE?

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm having issues with certain websites since the new update...particularly, YouTube page where I actually want to watch a video.

Or my start page...hermanmiller.com

As soon as either of those particular pages attempt to open, I get the "IE has stopped working" and it attempts to fix...never does though.

I'm sure it is due to some sort of embedded flash or video code as both have that...curious as to what changes I need to make in order to make them work.

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
IE crashes for me every time I open it up; my homepage is set to Bing. After it crashes twice, I am able to use the browser until I go to a website it doesn't like and then crashes again.

Giffdev

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Can you all let us know some more details about your device? I know there are some video driver issues with some surface tablets that may have been causing crashes with hardware rendering enabled in the past, but we'd love to hear more about these ie crashing issues

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
The problem was solved by using software acceleration instead of GPU. I'm using a Surface Pro 2 with graphics driver 10.18.15.4079.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Another solution is to install an older Intel GPU driver. The problem is that most of them are blocked via the .inf file from installing on Windows 10. (Which is possible to work around if you mod the inf and disable Secure Boot and test signing).

And easier workaround though is to install the August 2014 driver which was released before Intel started blocking it. You can get that one from here: Download Intel Iris/HD Graphics Driver 10.18.10.3907 64-bit for Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8 64 bit, Windows 8.1 64 bit - Softpedia

You need to install it using Device Manager and the "Have Disk" method though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6