Default Music and Podcast Apps for Phone Windows 10

boomerz

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Has there been any news regarding these 2 apps for the phone version of Windows 10? I'm assuming that the apps for Windows phone 8.1 will to be thrown out and be replaced by universal apps when Windows 10 releases. I just hope that "resuming" will not return for what I consider to be core apps.

Michael Gerullis

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah been thinking the same. I don't want another day with buggy music apps after that disastrous piece of software they made before. Best would be to have Zune back :D
I actually wish they would leave third party developers more space in terms of music control.
I want to be able to chose a default music player onmy phone. The one I access over volume control.
Also third party apps should be able to play music downloaded by xBox Music. I have a subscription and therefor only DRM reotected music. it sucks.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah been thinking the same. I don't want another day with buggy music apps after that disastrous piece of software they made before. Best would be to have Zune back :D
I actually wish they would leave third party developers more space in terms of music control.
I want to be able to chose a default music player onmy phone. The one I access over volume control.
Also third party apps should be able to play music downloaded by xBox Music. I have a subscription and therefor only DRM reotected music. it sucks.

hate to bust your faith in 3rd party devs, but they've been able to add support for xbox music drm to 3rd party apps since WP8.1

as for a default app, I guess, I wouldnt really consider it a priority though.. it only matters in a very small amount of circumstances, now default web browser.. thats a big deal (unless spartan is godly)

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
hate to bust your faith in 3rd party devs, but they've been able to add support for xbox music drm to 3rd party apps since WP8.1

as for a default app, I guess, I wouldnt really consider it a priority though.. it only matters in a very small amount of circumstances, now default web browser.. thats a big deal (unless spartan is godly)

So you are just speaking up to say that Music and Podcast apps aren't important to you?

Well, then, I will say that they are to me and I'm hoping W10 give us all the functionality of ZUNE back again and more. Or at least not lose even more functions. I can hope.

Best Wishes.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
So you are just speaking up to say that Music and Podcast apps aren't important to you?

Well, then, I will say that they are to me and I'm hoping W10 give us all the functionality of ZUNE back again and more. Or at least not lose even more functions. I can hope.

Best Wishes.

oh dont get me wrong, I am an audiophile and they are a huge deal to me, but as for the ability to have a "deafult" music player, what situations are one needed? the absolute only reason I can think of for one is when you click the song on the volume control menu, which imo isnt a huge issue (while one that should be fixed, i wouldnt call it the most pressing issue)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs