Windows 10 may not come to phones at all?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay, that was a bit of "one of those" subjects, I know.

I was just "rewatching the event" for the Windows 10 event last week.

I noticed the actual announcement, at 1:33:?? during the event, he said, "Windows 10 preview for phones will be released after the Seahawks win the Superbowl."

Well, what happens if they don't win? Just sayin'.

Well, the Patriots are going to win, so I would still bet we get the Preview soon....

Even Cortana knows that...

Go Pats !!!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Boys, it all hinges on the balls. Will they have enough pressure to be thrown and caught. Only the equipment manager knows for sure.

Sorry, I could not leave this post without referencing the most insane set of circumstances ever.

humdinger

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
The way I saw it is the Seahawks have already won a Superbowl (last year) so the update is imminent. He never said it would be released after the *next* Superbowl victory. :)

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
It seems there are a few people that have gotten some enjoyment out of this thread. I'm glad. That was the sole purpose. Something to pass the time in a fun way while we wait on the all important preview for phones.

Speaking of the ball pressure, at least there won't be any cheating this time around (whether it really matters or not remains up for debate), because the NFL has appointed a neutral party to handle the quarterback's balls for the big game. (Yeah, that sounds kind of strange. Laugh if you want, but let's try not to get vulgar about it.)

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Weird. I just asked Cortana who would win. The answer I got was:

I think the Patriots will take home the Lombardy Trophy. They currently hold the NFL's longest winning streak with 21 straight victories.​

Not sure what she's talking about since they lost 4 games this year, including the final game of the regular season.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
My wish/hope is that come February 2nd Microsoft will do this...

In celebration of the Seahawks Super Bowl win - Here's the Windows 10 for Phones Preview!

Or

To help recover from the Seahawks loss in the Super Bowl - here's the Windows 10 for Phones Preview!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
My wish/hope is that come February 2nd Microsoft will do this...

My wish/hope is that come February 1st, during the Post Game show after the SuperBowl, Microsoft will have a commercial aired stating Windows 10 for phones is now available to install as a preview. Yeah, not gonna happen (commercial at least won't happen.) But maybe a good twitter announcement or something immediately after the game, "It's ready! Go get it!"

Yeah, I'm probably more impatient than you are.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I really really hope that they release the video and some documentation first
And 3 days later the preview. So everyone had ample opportunity to know what to expect before they installed the update.

NikolausD

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
:D Love this thread.

Maybe this has been posted before, but two days ago Joe Belfiore said in a tweet that his video about W10 for phones will be uploaded in 1-2 weeks. So we can expect the preview for phones to be available roughly sometime between February 2nd and 9th.

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
My wish/hope is that come February 1st, during the Post Game show after the SuperBowl, Microsoft will have a commercial aired stating Windows 10 for phones is now available to install as a preview. Yeah, not gonna happen (commercial at least won't happen.) But maybe a good twitter announcement or something immediately after the game, "It's ready! Go get it!"

Yeah, I'm probably more impatient than you are.

^this

I hope you are right. It isn't that impossible actually. I'm just scared by Marie Jo Foley's reports that said it could come mid-February :/

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm only rooting for the Seahawks because they beat the Packers and because the Packers beat the Cowboys (born in Dallas.)

​Oh yeah, and because I want Windows 10 next week and not in the next decade or so. :)

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If he said when the Jets make the playoffs I'd be worried. The Pats will be forced to use regulation footballs which means we'll get it early next month.
:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb