IE crashes on W10 when i try to play videos

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I try to play a video, like the one on this site about office touch IE crashes and says it needs to close. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks

Airlid

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
None of the native windows apps will play on my surface pro 2 but VLC for 8.1 worked just fine. None of the windows games will play either, i miss my solitaire.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
That video on Office Touch on this site plays fine for me; YouTube videos play fine too. However, videos on Facebook don't work and just freeze and sometimes freeze the whole browser. Also many sites that use Flash, including those for video don't work, telling me I need to upgrade the Flash player, which I don't think is possible to do with this browser. Also enabling experimental web platform features (Spartan engine) doesn't make any difference on the videos or on Flash.

jac422

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I've been having the same issues - it doesn't happen every time to every video but it seems like most embedded videos cause IE to crash

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
There appears to be a bug in the 4079 Intel Drivers around hardware acceleration, downgrading to the August or March 2014 drivers fixes the crashing but brings the flickering back to the SP3.

Kirsutin

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I've done some testing since the latest build and have no problems with any audio/video so far. I have a desktop pc with msi mobo, amd cpu and gpu with latest drivers. Yoiutube, for example, works so much more smoothly now. (for me)

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I was able to fix the issue by going into advanced settings for IE and checking the box to "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering". Looks like this is a compatibility issue with the Intel driver and IE. Since I did this IE is much more stable and not using GPU has not really negatively impacted playback quality of videos.

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Just had an update to the Intel Video driver pushed to my SP3. I turned on GPU acceleration and restarted the computer. Checked youtube.com with a couple videos and no crashes. Looks like the issue has been resolved, but I have only been playing with it for about 10 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium