Interested in getting Microsoft to transform my concepts into a part of Win10, how can I do this?

anon(9045786)

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
So....... Very recently, I have decided to become a Windows Insider as part of the Windows Insider Program and get my hands on the pre-release Version of Windows 10. I'm currently running the Technical Preview Right now.

So, Knowing Windows 10 is still in development, and Microsoft is asking for our feedback and for our feature requests for the OS, is there anyway I can create Concepts to put up online via the Windows Feedback app and Uservoice and tell Microsoft of my concepts so they can integrate them in Windows 10? and if so, How does the process of getting Microsoft to transform my concepts into reality as part of Windows 10 work?

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Interested in getting Microsoft to transform my concepts into a part of Win10 and need your help

There's a "Take a screenshot" tool/button in the Windows Feedback app when you post a suggestion. I'd recommend taking a screen shot of your concept work to attach it along with a link to your concept images/documents.

anon(9045786)

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Interested in getting Microsoft to transform my concepts into a part of Win10 and need your help

Ok. Saw that feature though. Just wondering if Microsoft does accept concept work from Windows Insiders, then puts their fans who are apart of the Insider Program's Ideas and Concept work into the actual windows 10 then.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

The Feedback app is generally not for sending concepts and big-detailed feedback, but rather a quick oppinion about something. That's why they limited it down to text only.
If you have concepts, you can just post them on YouTube, or uservoice.com and hope for the best.

anon(9045786)

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Ok then, thanks.

Though, does Microsoft actually take into consideration concepts for Windows 10 for the Desktop currently when improving on the OS's UX and UI?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

they may have a look at it, but they sure won't copy it.
i've seen some awesome concepts during the last few years - none made it into the final product.
they sometimes take the base idea out of it, or some feature, but they mostly build it themself.
so the whole thing that MS is listening to you is a "lie". They aren't actually asking you what you want,
they're asking you what do you think of the things they make.

anon(9045786)

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Not very good. How can I communicate my ideas through potential Concepts to Microsoft if its believed they are lying to you?

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey Reddie, good on ya! Go for it I reckon! 👍 There's also something called Uservoice (I think that's the name) where Microsoft listen to people's ideas - it might be worth checking that out. Who knows, maybe they'll be so impressed that they employ you (I've read it's happened before). All the best. 😊 EDIT: windows.uservoice.com

anon(9045786)

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

I don't know who to trust, however, as It appears as Ma Rio doesn't trust Microsoft to take into consideration my concepts, and you, jesusfreak420 trusts them and has heard of a case that they've employed a person once before for their amazing concepts.

In the case of which is the more trusted, who should I trust, you, or Ma Rio?

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site

They look at it and get ideas and stuff. They're not going to completely use anyone's concept. And Microsoft should be trusted, yes. They've put many things people wanted into the OS.

anon(9045786)

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

How so has Microsoft put many things people wanted into Windows 10?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

It's not as me and the other guy are telling totally different things and now you have to figure out who's lying or whatever.
I'm not lying, neither is he. I'm just saying that if you send them your concept it won't get accepted.
You can send them small chunks of ideas on the uservoice page that already got linked (http://www.windows.uservoice.com and http://www.windowsphone.uservoice.com).
But if you send them a whole concept (I'm talkin' those big concept that redesign the whole OS), that just won't happen. The best you'll get is that they take 1-2 ideas from it.

Microsoft WILL NOT let YOU develop the OS. They will only ask for small guidelines.
So.. you are free to post your concept, but I can guarantee that they will not accept it as a whole.
And generally, any graphic concept is disregarded.

Jagadeesh Vanum

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site

May be start a new thread about your concepts( atleast important ones in your opinion ) in user voice and paste the link here, if it gets 10000 votes they'll definitely look into it.

anon(9045786)

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

how would getting 10000 votes work, considering it doesn't seem too realistic?

Samy Shubham

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

Call recording should permitted in windows 10. Apps like droid VPN and Surf Easy should be made as they do not require user to do anything and open blocked apps. USB tethering is also needed. There should be notifications displayed on the Lockscreen like in Android and user can remove them by just swiping. The messaging app should be integrated with facebook and whatsapp too along with skypevand user can switch at any time, it was lot more easier to chat on messaging app than on messenger in windows 8. Cursor should be made available while typing the numbers to call someone, as for now if you have done a mistake like missing a 0 at the start you have to delete everything and type all the numbers again. It should be customizable that which apps work on wifi in background and which one on data pack.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

how would getting 10000 votes work, considering it doesn't seem too realistic?

If it's a good concept why wouldn't it get 10k?

The file manager request had more than 100k before they've marked it as completed.
But, note that it's an old request.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

You can't just submit something and assume it's going to be used or even acknowledged. But if enough people "Me too" or provide positive feedback you may see some parts used or implemented, but it's a longshot. Everyone thinks their "concepts" are great. I'd like to see the work if you don't mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss