Who's excited about the Windows 10 ( phone)?

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: windows 10 ( phone) : Waiting Room

I think it would be wise to see how others get on with it first before installing it.especially if you only have one device.

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
My only concern is that I'm starting my new job on februari 2, the week that Windows 10 for phones might get released. I probably get fired for being glued to my phone near a power socket, but you have to prioritize... :unhappysweat:

I'm excited!

oh thats bad Mate ... But still W10 for phone is Important !!! So Yu Must Prioritize !!

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

I think the requirements page will be like 1GB ram people or quad core processor phones get it first and then after couple of updates for insider program then 512MB ram people or dual core ones!

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

I think the requirements page will be like 1GB ram people or quad core processor phones get it first and then after couple of updates for insider program then 512MB ram people or dual core ones!

You might be Wrong....

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Well according to MS the first release will come after the Super Bowl. And that is Tomorrow Feb/1/2015. So the wait is not longer an "issue." I am looking forward for this. After I saw MS event I realized the Denim wasn't for me anymore, although it comes with great features W10 will be more robust and fun to use. So I am skipping Denim and waiting impatient for W10 for phone.

Frosted_Imp

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

Wp10 is looking good. Looks to bring loads more features and it will only make Windows Phones stronger.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I am looking forward to W10 for my phone. I do hope that one of the features coming is the ability for the start screen to be rotate to landscape. There's a number of things I do in landscape mode and also have a case with a kickstand to set my phone down without holding it. Having to jump to the Start Screen and it being locked sideways isn't fun.

In regards to the worry of system specs, I have a 930 so I know I have nothing to worry about, but I doubt anybody else has anything to worry about either.

Think about it. Microsoft just released a number of low end models in the last few months. It makes no sense that they would release a bunch of 400/500/600 series phones for them to only become obsolete in just a couple of months when W10 is released.

Anybody with a brain at Microsoft would know what kind of backlash this would cause with those who just bought one of these phones.... A backlash they don't need right now especially when the cost would be the gains they made in the low end market.

And still, system requirement specs still need to be released for a number of reasons. For starters, other OEM's out there need to know what their phones will need to have in order to run W10.... And there have been a lot of OEM's out there who have released a lot of really poor and low end cheap phones for third world markets that run WP8.1.

In regards to Lumias, the worst case scenario is that some lower end models will have limited or restricted functions (ie: Only the Lumia 930 & 1520 get Hey Cortana in the latest 8.1 update)

The comments relating to how they will try and get W10 to as many Lumias as possible, that is more towards the older Lumias out there, not the lower end Lumias. Lumias with older hardware like say like the 810 or similar generation, which run Windows Phone 8/8.1 may not make the cut for W10, while the X20 series phones may make the cut.

Last edited:

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to it. I'm not part of the inside program however I'm excited to read everyone's comments.

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
From the little we saw of the phone UI there were a lot that i liked. The only thing i did not like was the start screen. I think tiles need to go in favor icons. Or make the home screen panoramic kind of like it is on the surface and the app list come up from the bottom. I think panoramic would be the answer to having multiple home screens.

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Think about it. Microsoft just released a number of low end models in the last few months. It makes no sense that they would release a bunch of 400/500/600 series phones for them to only become obsolete in just a couple of months when W10 is released.

You must be forgetting about the 900 fun. People upgrading to 3 yr plans just to see Microsoft dump the platform and the phones just a couple months after.

NNot saying they wont get it, just saying that of course they'd abandon them.

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
You must be forgetting about the 900 fun. People upgrading to 3 yr plans just to see Microsoft dump the platform and the phones just a couple months after.

NNot saying they wont get it, just saying that of course they'd abandon them.

Well, MS had to abandon 900 because of some Kernal problem regarding to OS .. Now Windows 10 Using the same Kernal.. Some of devices may be left because of those carriers

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

AKA the Official Windows 10 Waiting Room Thread. Ok, I'm in.
1. What I hope to see is a revamp of the control panel. Either sectioned into groups or at least alphabetized

if you watched the Win10 announcement on January 21, it'll be changed into groups for Settings/Control Panel on phone

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, MS had to abandon 900 because of some Kernal problem regarding to OS .. Now Windows 10 Using the same Kernal.. Some of devices may be left because of those carriers

....yes I know that. The question was "would they", not "why did they". And yes, yes they will abandon devices soon after launch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss