Should you,will you install w10 technical preview on your only windows phone ??

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
With windows 10 around the corner,a lot of hype has been building.I've started to ask myself if I should be installing it when it comes.It is after all a technical preview and is bound to have bugs, will all apps run on it? How will the phones hardware be affected. I'm starting to think it may be a wiser to wait a few months or until initial bugs/errors have been ironed out.

Just wondering what others are intending to do,jump right in ? Wait ?
Am I right to be concerned ?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Of course your right to be concerned, it appears this is not the same beast the Preview for Developer's was, which was a finished product.

Personally, I'd probably try to wait a week, see how it goes. But my eagerness'll probably get the better of me and pull a Leeroy Jenkins.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I have installed 8.1 as soon as it was available, and all updates it received. Didnt have any problems at all. But not sure I want to install 10 right away. in fact on one website I read that it might be available in Feb. 4

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
There is no doubt that I will install it as soon as its released, but yes there is a reason to be concerned like any technical preview and beta, there is going to be plenty of bugs and yes chances are some apps wont work. If you have reservations about installing the tech preview then I would wait also, but like xandros9 I am eager to try it.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
With windows 10 around the corner,a lot of hype has been building.I've started to ask myself if I should be installing it when it comes. NO, U should wait!
It is after all a technical preview and is bound to have bugs YES, it will, will all apps run on it? How will the phones hardware be affected. I'm starting to think it may be a wiser to wait a few months or until initial bugs/errors have been ironed out. Absolutely

Just wondering what others are intending to do,jump right in ? Wait ? Wait
Am I right to be concerned ?YES

see above

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
If they allow a path for a simple rollback to 8.1 in case of problems, I'll do it. Otherwise, I'll wait for those braver than me to try it out first.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I'll just wait for others with an AT&T Lumia 635 try it, if all goes well after a week I will most likely download it too. :D

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
If you're not prepared to do a full reinstall on any given day, you should absolutely wait. Likely for another month or 3, as it will take time to work out the kinks. More than a week, too!

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
On Ativ S you can roll back. I'll install TP on my Ativ S, my only phone. Ofc, it it sill be available to it.
I do have a (locked) Lumia 620 with cracked screen, but can't use that, and don't feel like repairing it jusr for TP.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i will sneakily advise my missus to install it on her 1520 first, just to see....if all goes well, it's going on my 1020 ;)

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I will Install Because recently i id a hard reset on my Device, Even the Preview is Buggy, i can Roll back !!!!! Because i have nothing to loose on my phone :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss