For the first time in WP history, I'm not wanting the update

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
There is some good news at the end of this tunnel. Instead of being given finished code aka the PfD program, we're going to get a buggy, unfinished, unpolished preview of Windows 10 for phones and Microsoft will be actively seeking our feedback in an unprecedented way, unlike for previous versions.

We must use this golden opportunity to provide quality and evidence-based feedback that will give Microsoft the narrative of opinions being expressed here and other threads around what I call the "Androidification" of Windows Phone. That pocketnow article is gold and sets out the arguments very well. Now we have to articulate that through the Insider feedback mechanism across all the OS elements that betray Windows Phone's strengths.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
There is some good news at the end of this tunnel. Instead of being given finished code aka the PfD program, we're going to get a buggy, unfinished, unpolished preview of Windows 10 for phones and Microsoft will be actively seeking our feedback in an unprecedented way, unlike for previous versions.

We must use this golden opportunity to provide quality and evidence-based feedback that will give Microsoft the narrative of opinions being expressed here and other threads around what I call the "Androidification" of Windows Phone. That pocketnow article is gold and sets out the arguments very well. Now we have to articulate that through the Insider feedback mechanism across all the OS elements that betray Windows Phone's strengths.

While I agree with what you said, I fear that a large number of WP10 "testers" will complain at the first opportunity rather than actually testing the OS and it's functionality and THEN providing constructive feedback. I personally think the "Windows Phone is becoming Android" talk is ridiculous. When live tiles disappear, then I'll start questioning the direction of the OS.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
While I agree with what you said, I fear that a large number of WP10 "testers" will complain at the first opportunity rather than actually testing the OS and it's functionality and THEN providing constructive feedback. I personally think the "Windows Phone is becoming Android" talk is ridiculous. When live tiles disappear, then I'll start questioning the direction of the OS.

You are not getting it right. Tiles while being the biggest unique feature of Windows Phone, you should take into account that it is not the only thing that sets Windows Phone apart from Android and iOS. UI and UX is not only about app drawer or Start screen. It's about design of apps, interaction of users with the OS and overall layout of contents displayed on the screen of a phone. It was easy to understand and use till date, but with 10 it seems to be fading away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven