Windows 10 for Phones will be out TODAY!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Flame me all you want but this thread has gotten more abuse than a $5 hooker. People have let their imaginations run wild with nothing but wishful thinking to stoke their fires. It'll drop when it drops. Denim for the Icon fell from the sky today with nary a warning after months of endless whining.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Flame me all you want but this thread has gotten more abuse than a $5 hooker. People have let their imaginations run wild with nothing but wishful thinking to stoke their fires. It'll drop when it drops. Denim for the Icon fell from the sky today with nary a warning after months of endless whining.

The hush-hush Denim update for the Icon was Verizon's choice. This is Microsoft we're talking about; it's all variable. The point of this thread was just to let off some steam and speculate while waiting for the update. It's fun to play the guessing game anyways.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The hush-hush Denim update for the Icon was Verizon's choice. This is Microsoft we're talking about;

Not entirely accurate. Verizon found issues with the firmware and sent it back to Microsoft because it would cause problems with the network. This is the main reason some updates don't hit their dates. Regardless of what Microsoft does, the carriers dictate what goes across their airwaves. Whether it's in the US or Timbuktu.

Maybe the Tech Preview is ready but the carriers haven't signed off yet.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they'd be even less likely to have much control over TP than PFD. The only reason they -want- control over firmware is so they can load all their apps on it/sometimes enter phone numbers to check data, minutes, etc. into the People hub.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
We're talking about a"preview", not a general release. There was no bloat in PfD, I can't imagine there would be any now.
Sent from my big *** Lumia 1520

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
We're talking about a"preview", not a general release. There was no bloat in PfD, I can't imagine there would be any now.
Sent from my big *** Lumia 1520

Well yeah, whatever bloat there was came from firmware and if it was deleted after the firmware update, only a new firmware update or hard reset would have any chance of bringing those apps back (aside from reinstalling them on purpose.)

That's a big win to me, bloat is the last thing a technical preview needs.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
BRAVO, it's lasted this long. I've seen more informative threads CLOSED about 10 pages ago for some arbitrary reason.
MODs are pissing back & forth with members, members going on the attack ...

Just another day on Windows Central

BTW - it can drop next month, IF the time is taken to iron out the bugs. This IS a first beta (or worse), what's your hurry. I'm anxious too, but good code takes time (and testing, lots & lots of testing).

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
BRAVO, it's lasted this long. I've seen more informative threads CLOSED about 10 pages ago for some arbitrary reason.
MODs are pissing back & forth with members, members going on the attack ...

Just another day on Windows Central

BTW - it can drop next month, IF the time is taken to iron out the bugs. This IS a first beta (or worse), what's your hurry. I'm anxious too, but good code takes time (and testing, lots & lots of testing).
Thanks!

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Something draws me back to this thread all the time.
Some unholy presence. As said above, there's nothing to see here, but still I keep checking it multiple times per day.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Something draws me back to this thread all the time.
Some unholy presence. As said above, there's nothing to see here, but still I keep checking it multiple times per day.
I think its just the fun it was intended to be. Nothing serious, just plenty of speculative guesses by the expert community! ;)

We have managed to cover almost every rumour there is on the web and discussed it like pro :p

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
As gabe aul said that. They are going to make an announcement in the morning PST.
We have been here every PST morning. Some of us even before Gab wakes up! ;)

Bet whatever day it comes, it will be here before anyone reports on any website, including our own front page! So many folks have Gab's Twitter pinned on their home screen :p

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Not entirely accurate. Verizon found issues with the firmware and sent it back to Microsoft because it would cause problems with the network.

Well, that's what they said publicly, however, rumors from inside Verizon and Microsoft stated it was because it caused issues with older Verizon bloatware apps they like to keep installed on customers phones, and Verizon wanted Microsoft to fix it because Verizon didn't want to update the software. Lazy, if you ask me. They wouldn't dare try it with Apple. Apple would say, "Fine, we'll pull our phones" and Verizon would be all like, "No, wait, we'll pay you to let us keep selling your phones and we'll rewrite the software, too!"

Okay, I'm being overly dramatic. I know. Still, everyone else is whining and venting, as you have noticed, so I thought I'd try to fit in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb