Windows 10 for Phones will be out TODAY!

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
My bad. Didn't mean to sound harsh.

To answer your question... Idk to be honest. It just worked for me. I didn't have to do anything, it was just like that.

No problem :) I think that if you had transparent start in 8.1 you'll have it in 10 too, but maybe there's no option to manually set it later in windows 10 like in my case.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
What? Lol I like how it was in 8.1. Why would I change my background if I like it as is? I was replying to the person stating that you can't have it like how it is in 8.1 and can only have the picture behind the tiles.

If you just mean background, then change it to the same background
If UI, then carry on.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Initial impressions on my 635. It's slow but that's to be expected. I really like what they did with the settings UI. Since it's not my daily driver I'll be playing with it from time to time to see how the apps work.

I can't wait to get it on my 1520 for one reason only: Start screen no longer needs tiles to have a background!!!!!!

:grin:Yippee!!:grin:

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't have the update for my Lumia 830 nor Lumia 620 (probably won't get it anyway). But I was expecting the 830 to get it today, but not until now, in Portugal.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay so are the MSN apps working on your phones guys? Because they are not in mine.

Working just fine for me. Tested MSN Weather, Sports, and Money. Those are working just fine. Haven't tried any others, yet, but so far no issues with apps.

Wow. Cortana is WAY limited. I kind of need the speech recognition to get her to pull up places on the map for me on a regular basis. Kind of hard to do manually while I'm driving, not to mention dangerous and no longer legal in my state. Have to have that voice. Ah, well. It's coming... I'll wait. In the meantime, I can just pull over first.

I'm also looking forward to a future update that will allow some of the basics to match my phone theme. Like Cortana... Only a light theme. White background only at this point. Bummer. Hurts my eyes while driving at night.

Malaya Mohanty

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Fast. Also, Facebook and Twitter didn't work for me at first for the first 30 minutes, then they suddenly started working again.

i think u might hv installed it in ur secondary phone. But as I hv only one phone 730.. I thought waiting for future updated builds will b better.. Because after the update, the phone actually looked like a preview ;)

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
i think u might hv installed it in ur secondary phone. But as I hv only one phone 730.. I thought waiting for future updated builds will b better.. Because after the update, the phone actually looked like a preview ;)

Hell no, man! I'm a risk taker, it's on my primary device

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
what about file manager???? and email>>>can you attach more than once?>>>>>and after receiving wail with attachment can you reply with the same attachment after modify it????????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss