How can I get my Onedrive folders to apear as they did before I updated to Windows 10 (Surface Pro)?

theolympusguy

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Onedrive on windows 10 - surface pro

I have a windows surface pro that I updated to windows 10. With windows 8.1 I was able to go into my one drive and see all 800 GB of my stuff (even though it was not really there). Now when I go into one drive, its empty and of course I cant really sync that much data on the tablet. Now my question is, is there a way to get the files and folders to display in the temp fashion they were before?

So I go into a one drive folder and it shows everything (even though its not really there)

thanks for any help.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Onedrive on windows 10 - surface pro

Stop syncing, and there should be an option for "don't load files till you click the folder."

theolympusguy

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site

I don't have any options that say that, I really don't think there is a way, but I still wanted to see if someone else has had the issue.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Windows 10 really F#*$up OneDrive. The placeholder method was a great way to see your cloud contents on limited storage devices. They're gonna force you back into using the browser.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

All you can do is go to the Windows Feedback and find Onedrive, and vote to bring the feature back - its the #1 requested thing to bring back to W10 - IM sure they will listen on this. It really makes the most sense. It seems that they went back to the desktop version or Onedrive, which allows selective syncing of your folders, but it doesn't show all folders like the 8.1 version did. The one benefit of all this, is that the desktop version of Onedrive allows "Fetch" from the web. If you go to the system tray, click the little arrow, right click the Onedrive cloud icon, and go to settings - check off the "Let me use Onedrive to fetch any files on this computer" option. Now, if you go to Onedrive.com, any file on your connected network is available for download. This is amazing for my work computer, Its like having a personal VPN. If they bring back the offline folder view, and keep the fetch ability in W10, a lot of people will be happy campers. Especially useful if you don't have all of your files on Onedrive, which in some circumstances, is impossible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)