First Screenshots of Windows 10 for phones

50ShadesOfDJWS

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Leaked Images HD FUll Intro

Everything looks so much better aesthetically hope it runs fluidly and functions better than the previous version of the OS ^.^

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

My first impression
I don't like buttons in the top-in the dialer-, hamburger button will kill my thumb + the rounded toggles are so ugly!

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

Looks very sleek. I hope the preview comes with updated Music app.. Please Microsoft!!

Btw the Xbox video UI follows the old one, quite sure it will be updated to look like what we have in Windows 8.1.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

there might be picture password, it has the setting of "extra secure setting" under setting

rQvsnaps

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

Looks very sleek. I hope the preview comes with updated Music app.. Please Microsoft!!

Btw the Xbox video UI follows the old one, quite sure it will be updated to look like what we have in Windows 8.1.

Agreed
Hoping even more they update the video player, its amazes me that we still have no scrubbing when streaming

tiziano27

Banned
Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: A lot more leaked Windows 10 for phones Images

A lot of experimentation, but old Metro is still predominant.

If Microsoft insists with Metro, WP could die.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

If copying Android's or iOS' UI is the only way to be alive, then I'd rather going into a guerrilla-esque survival!

Metro/Modern FTW

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't think Metro, Or the modern interface, is what is holding WP back. It's nothing more than API/Dev access and OS level Feature parity. After that it's the basic chicken and egg problem; developers will want reason to make apps (larger user base) and users will want apps to adopt (more developers supporting the OS). None of which has anything to do with MS sticking to their design philosophy.

It's little things, like being able to choose any camera app as the default camera app, or developer API access to wifi points and so on. The predominant devices are all lumias touting cameras that are noticeably slower than other phones on the market. Toss in a lack of a value to feature flagship, missed deadlines and the constant feel of being a year behind in WP (people are celebrating wallpapers...). And then you have your reason for a possible decline of the OS. Not Metro/.design philosophy itself, but all that other gunk; speed, feature-set and accessibility.

tiziano27

Banned
Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

I don't think Metro, Or the modern interface, is what is holding WP back. It's nothing more than API/Dev access and OS level Feature parity. After that it's the basic chicken and egg problem; developers will want reason to make apps (larger user base) and users will want apps to adopt (more developers supporting the OS). None of which has anything to do with MS sticking to their design philosophy.

It's little things, like being able to choose any camera app as the default camera app, or developer API access to wifi points and so on. The predominant devices are all lumias touting cameras that are noticeably slower than other phones on the market. Toss in a lack of a value to feature flagship, missed deadlines and the constant feel of being a year behind in WP (people are celebrating wallpapers...). And then you have your reason for a possible decline of the OS. Not Metro/.design philosophy itself, but all that other gunk; speed, feature-set and accessibility.

One important niche in which Microsoft could succeed is low-end phones for emerging markets. Probably I'm going to sound like a stupid, but I think Metro is too cold and sophisticated for that market.
I was checking some stats in the site statcounter.com, and It seems Tizen had a great start in India, with almost no apps and a UI that is a clone of an old version of TouchWiz. If you read some reviews from consumers, they're pretty happy with an easy to use phone with great performance.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/02/tizen-versus-android-in-pictures/

Probably the segment of the market that could appreciate the Metro design is not interested because of the app problem, or brand problem.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

Will it come in English? :winktongue:

In seriousness, I have an old 920 that I was going to refurbish and sell. I am starting to think that I may just hand onto it, and load W10 when it's available, to have a non-daily driver to play around with.

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Now I like Windows 10 especially the rounded toggles and also the new setting page which has minimize, maximize and close button. Now this more windows like. Good work finally!!

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

It looks nice but the oval toggle buttons need to go. It's ugly in my opinion. The toggles now are fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte