Office Touch Preview Crashing

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I installed the Word and Excel Previews and neither will start. In both of them the app opens for a few seconds and just closes. Anyone else having this issue?

btw Yes, I sent feedback about it already.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Using surface pro with 9926 windows 10 TP version. All office apps work fine in general. They do tend to crash sometimes though, but not as extreme as offbeatbop mentions.

StephenDHolden

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Have installed in a VM and on my laptop running W10 and they work fine in the VM, but act weird and crashes constantly on the laptop. After a few seconds it minimizes to the task bar. If I click on it it opens back up for a few more seconds, then crashes. If I don't open back up, it will stay on the taskbar for up to a minute then crash.
Have uninstalled, re-installed, run the Microsoft diagnostic too l in this thread - no change.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Have installed in a VM and on my laptop running W10 and they work fine in the VM, but act weird and crashes constantly on the laptop. After a few seconds it minimizes to the task bar. If I click on it it opens back up for a few more seconds, then crashes. If I don't open back up, it will stay on the taskbar for up to a minute then crash.
Have uninstalled, re-installed, run the Microsoft diagnostic too l in this thread - no change.

Glad Im not the only one. I'll try some of the suggested solutions and see what I come up with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa