2/05/15 updates render my tablet useless

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Accepted Build 9926 updates today and I can still boot my Stream 7, but it no longer effectively functions once it opens Windows. Start menu doesn't work, IE or Chrome won't open. Screen goes blue. Sometimes get a BAD_HEAP error, but there is no longer any responsiveness. Is this just with Atom processors or just me?

Looks like a rollback and rebuild is in order for the time being.

Had to type this from my Windows phone, which will regardless soon be subjected to the same torture of the alpha /beta testing 😉

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Accepted Build 9926 updates today and I can still boot my Stream 7, but it no longer effectively functions once it opens Windows. Start menu doesn't work, IE or Chrome won't open. Screen goes blue. Sometimes get a BAD_HEAP error, but there is no longer any responsiveness. Is this just with Atom processors or just me?

Looks like a rollback and rebuild is in order for the time being.

Had to type this from my Windows phone, which will regardless soon be subjected to the same torture of the alpha /beta testing ��

That's the right spirit, Marine! ;)
I haven't tested the latest build yet, since I had to rollback from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 due to some issues that made it unusable for me on a daily basis. I wish I had a spare device where I could put it on to keep an eye on progress and also give some feedback.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Oddly, it runs so much better on my laptop than on any tablet I've installed it. I've been using Windows 10 on my work laptop since the original release with very little issue. I put it on my SP3 and it's been a turd to use so far. (It could be I don't understand tablet mode, etc yet).

I'm trying to decide if I want to put it on my Yoga 2 8" today or not.

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Oddly, it runs so much better on my laptop than on any tablet I've installed it. I've been using Windows 10 on my work laptop since the original release with very little issue. I put it on my SP3 and it's been a turd to use so far. (It could be I don't understand tablet mode, etc yet).

I'm trying to decide if I want to put it on my Yoga 2 8" today or not.

There must be some functionality at the architecture level, likely around memory management. Win 10 screams on my HP EliteBook (i7 quad-core w/ 24GB RAM) with very few issues aside from select app incompatibilities. Atom based tablets ? Somewhat different story. Quad core is a definite plus vs single or dual core. 1 GB is barely enough RAM to use the OS, my Stream7 is typically running at 80+% memory consumption. Lag, freeze, blue screens, etc. But when it works, it's great!

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually it's my surface pro 3. It just runs oddly. I did the upgrade instead of a clean install. It is the i3, but that's never been a problem until Windows 10. I'm stumped actually.:(

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Currently testing on my surface pro 1, version 9926. I can confirm this version is very buggy. My reference is windows 8.1. Have not tested the previous build of winodws 10. I can tell that there is quite a list in the insiders feedback app. So hopefully microsoft can fix them a.s.a.p.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb