Seeing all leaks so far for Windows 10 for Phones

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I ain't excited anymore.
No interactive live tiles, split window support, no mix view, same lock screen, same volume/ music play toggles.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I ain't excited anymore.
No interactive live tiles, split window support, no mix view, same lock screen, same volume/ music play toggles.

This is a preview. You can give feedback and they will add it for you. This isn't even close to the final product.

ortizang

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Remember that it's only a preview and we don't really know what Microsoft has in mind. I think Microsoft will come out with surprises that will blow our minds. Notice that they are not showing us much!!! Don't be so pessimistic man, let's just wait!!

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
-Split windows would be killer.
-Interactive live tiles seems amazing, but I think it's difficult to implement, otherwise MS would have done it already.
-I'm satisfied with the current lock screen and music toggles, however, I would love to see them ALLOW developers to make apps that can customize them.

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Yup, agree with all the above comments. Remember the first build of Windows 10 (pc), it was sort of basic, now couple of builds later it now looks completely different. Even newer build is around the corner, Build 10000ish something I saw winbeta. Lets just get the first build and proceed.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I think until the end of the year they will keep adding features. Even after w10 officially releases I think they will simply continue to release updates at a high rate. There is no more year waiting. Updates will come faster and faster also because all things have to be developed only once for all their devices. This accelerates the whole w10 development. I think the official release of w10 is just a date where they say okay now we have enough covered to impress. Then they will simply add features one by one while listening to user feedback. I think we will see the fruits of this development method in 2016 and in the coming years. W10 will be fine tuned to perfection and it won't stop evolving.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
-Interactive live tiles seems amazing, but I think it's difficult to implement, otherwise MS would have done it already.
-I'm satisfied with the current lock screen and music toggles, however, I would love to see them ALLOW developers to make apps that can customize them.

Microsoft research team has already started working on it for quite a while and they may include it in the final version of WP10 who knows :)

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I can't wait for the full version and development of Windows 10 in the coming months. It's just that the Preview didn't have that 'wow' factor for me. But I'll surely install it on Day 1 that's two days from now, I believe. 😊

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I can't wait for the full version and development of Windows 10 in the coming months. It's just that the Preview didn't have that 'wow' factor for me. But I'll surely install it on Day 1 that's two days from now, I believe. ��

Yea, I know it looks pretty simple, but you need to remember, this isn't the preview for developers, this is a genuinely very unfinished OS, every single version of full Windows has started with a slightly modified version of the prior, windows vista didn't look like vista until the end of the development (vista is kinda the odd one out here, that OS went through many many different UI's during its development), windows 7 looked like vista until very close til the end, Windows 8 originally looked like windows 7 with a Windows Live Messenger looking profile pic in the system tray, and Windows 10 looked just like Windows 8 except with thinner boarders, a start menu and the ability to run apps as windows

You see the pattern? WP will definately follow it as well

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Where do you know from that there is no split window, for example only for bigger devices like the 1520?

Last edited:

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
You worry way to much for nothing. Its way to early to say that this feature will come or wont. We haven't even seen the tp to our phone or a video.

I am positive that the features will come in time. Think about it. Also did the w10 for pc had all the features from the first built? How can the phone get them all at once.

Btw from what I've seen so far I will love this update. The WP will be more mature than ever.

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
first build for windows 10 on PCs was with some new things like the new start menu. but really nothing big with that build. so almost like Windows8.
the current build is really better and more featured and new stuff is adding.
so you should expect the same for the phones.
and keep feedbacking so they do what you want it to be there.

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

If MS added pen support, interactive tiles could work great. Just look at the Note series phone and how the pen hovers to interact with the screen.
Second you on split screen, even if only for Office apps.

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Every time MS releases a Technical Preview or Developer Previews they need to put the definition of 'preview' in the title.

VERB
display (a product, movie, play, etc.) before it officially goes on sale or opens to the public:
"the company will preview an enhanced version of its database"

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Every time MS releases a Technical Preview or Developer Previews they need to put the definition of 'preview' in the title.

VERB
display (a product, movie, play, etc.) before it officially goes on sale or opens to the public:
"the company will preview an enhanced version of its database"

They need to place everywhere (opening apps, looking your screen, even when you open your phone instead saying Nokia or Htc etc) a splash screen with the Preview in red bold letters in a black background. A good contrast may help some understand what preview means

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
They need to place everywhere (opening apps, looking your screen, even when you open your phone instead saying Nokia or Htc etc) a splash screen with the Preview in red bold letters in a black background. A good contrast may help some understand what preview means
People know what preview means... They're just afraid that MS won't listen to its users (like how it has done so in the distant past) and destroy their own product.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Split Windows would require fundamental changes in the OS, and certainly even in at least some of the apps. So if that feature is not in the early builds, I take any bet it won't be in the final one either. That's nothing Microsoft could add last minute. If it were in the works already, don't you guys think information about it would have been leaked? Well, nothing so far. And with an approximate release date of late summer or fall, there's not that much time left to implement a heavy weight feature like that. Interactive live tiles require fundamental changes too, but in this case at least we know Microsoft had already been working on it, so it could be available at some point of the Windows Insider program.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon