A Grain of Salt? Windows X Build 10009

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have high hopes for spartan. I dont use Chrome for obvious reasons, but I woul like to get rid of Mozilla. I hope Spartan lets me do what I need and I can move to it. Having everything synced to my phone would be great.

SB5

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I have high hopes for spartan. I dont use Chrome for obvious reasons, but I woul like to get rid of Mozilla. I hope Spartan lets me do what I need and I can move to it. Having everything synced to my phone would be great.

I'm in the same boat, I use Firefox mostly because IE doesn't support extensions like Adblocker (I know IE has the settings to get rid of ads, but I like the ease of just adding it and having it set up). Also IE is sometimes incompatible with a bunch of websites. Hopefully Spartan can have an answer for this and I too can move on from Firefox.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, I use Firefox mostly because IE doesn't support extensions like Adblocker (I know IE has the settings to get rid of ads, but I like the ease of just adding it and having it set up). Also IE is sometimes incompatible with a bunch of websites. Hopefully Spartan can have an answer for this and I too can move on from Firefox.
IE had an adblock and it works pretty well. It won't help with incompatibilities with the websites you're taking about but it does block ads. BTW, what sites did you have trouble with using IE? Just curious.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I wish MS would provide the flexibility to manage cookies that Firefox has. Specifically I would like the option to accept cookies for the current session only...

SB5

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
IE had an adblock and it works pretty well. It won't help with incompatibilities with the websites you're taking about but it does block ads. BTW, what sites did you have trouble with using IE? Just curious.

I don't necessarily remember off the top of my head but it happens occasionally when just browsing around. Don't get me wrong I want to use IE but I just can't take the inconvenience sometimes. I will admit that it has gotten faster though.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't necessarily remember off the top of my head but it happens occasionally when just browsing around. Don't get me wrong I want to use IE but I just can't take the inconvenience sometimes. I will admit that it has gotten faster though.
Well, the word out of Redmond is that what they are planning with IE11 and then Spartan (whatever name it will get) is suppose to go along way to eliminate those inconsistencies. Stay tuned. :)

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Really not liking these new desktop icons, I liked what they did in the very first build with the File Explorer and This PC icons but now they look like they belong on Windows 95.

You mean when Windows Icons were very Pixelly? Imp, I think they look nice. Should have been in Windows 8

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
With IE I had trouble opening WPcentral, facebook and couple other regularly visited sites. I read here somewhere about the "about:flags" address to access the other settings which kinda made facebook and wpc much faster. So far in 2 weeks I have just had the error of "not responding due to long running script" all but once. Prior to that it was constant, almost every page on every site. I used to get either the "recover webpage" or "stop script" buttons.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I wish MS would provide the flexibility to manage cookies that Firefox has. Specifically I would like the option to accept cookies for the current session only...

I miss that. Used to have a base of cookies for key login sites and then use the session option for daily use.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
With IE I had trouble opening WPcentral, facebook and couple other regularly visited sites. I read here somewhere about the "about:flags" address to access the other settings which kinda made facebook and wpc much faster. So far in 2 weeks I have just had the error of "not responding due to long running script" all but once. Prior to that it was constant, almost every page on every site. I used to get either the "recover webpage" or "stop script" buttons.

Not trying to detour the topic but I never had that issue on Windows Central with IE but I use Firefox most of the time. On facebook, I get that script error ALL THE TIME using firefox. I mean ALL the time. So I quit going to Facebook unless someone points out something I need to see there.

Back on track. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss